New Babies!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Goat Freak, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

On of our boer goats, Mitzi, just had babies this morning. She had a little boy and a little girl, the boy will be sold eventually and the girl is staying with us. Oh yeah, right now another boer goat, Lisa, is in labor, so I gotta go, see ya bye.

2. maryanne

maryanne Well-Known Member

i wanna see a pic!!boer are my favorite!

3. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

Congrats!! Please post a picture when you get a chance!

4. Loisp

Loisp Active Member

Congrats! I can't wait to see pics!

5. Goat Freak

All right, I will try to post puictures ASAP. they sure are cute, as of right now the boys name might be Freddy(because he has a loud mouth), Frankie, or Loud Mouth (just kidding). the girl's name is being debated, we are thinking about naming her Misty, but that would be a tobgue twister, her mother's name is Mitzi. Once agian I will try to post pictures as soon as possible. Well I got to go check on Lisa now, she is STILL in labor. See ya, bye.

6. Goat Freak

Now Lisa had a baby! So far there is only one, and he is a HUMONGOUS BOY. She was in very intese labor for about 15 minutes, and when she had the front legs out, my dad had to go and reposition the babies head and gently pull when she was pushing.
    Today is so awesome, two goats having babies on the same day rocks! i will post pics of him as well.

7. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

You really do love your goats, I can tell that from your posts!! Enjoy your babies and maybe she'll give you another before the evening is out!!! Bless you and all your goatlings!! :goodjob:

8. Goat Freak

Thanks, but she is defintly done. Sure hope that your goat has her babies soon. I just can NOT belive that Both Mitzi AND Lisa had babies on the same day. Talk about weird. Well see ya, bye.

9. Goat Freak

Just wanted to say that the babies now have names. Mitzi's daughter's name is Jewel and her son's name is Jasper. Lisa's baby is named Frankie( after he mobster, he is HUGE).

10. mamahen

mamahen Well-Known Member Supporter

Goatfreak,

Congrats on the new additions, sounds like you're really building up your families herd of goats!

Tricia

11. Goat Freak

Yeah, we were hopeing that they were ALL girls, that way we could keep them all, the boys are going to have to get sold soon. But the girl, she IS staying, is SOOO cute, her head is a lighter shade of brown than ANY of the rest of the goats, and the marking on her face looks like the western half of the U.S., SOO cute. By the way, we just heard of some boer goats in the newspaper, 3 females 4 males, so we might buy the 3 females, as long as they are fairly beautiful, nice, and HAVE papers, they just might com home with us. REALLY excited. Well gotta go, see ya bye.