Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is a bit of a change of pace. Maybe. Maybe not.

Folks here have asked me to let them know when I write a new article. Usually they have something to do with farming or soil pH or maybe non toxic stuff in the home (cast iron care) or outside (organic lawn care). The last one I posted on flea control has been heavily updated since I mentioned it here. Lots of information on pyrethrins.

Whenever somebody mentions cancer, I send them a short document that a friend passed on to me. She beat it. And she has first hand experience in helping over a dozen people beat it. And since the whole thing takes less than a page and nobody makes money on it, the word doesn't travel very fast.

So after getting a few requests in a row, I figured I'd add my two cents and smash it into a micro article.

I called it One Week Cure for Cancer.

If there is anything stupid about it, please let me know!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like she is saying that the fluke exudes a hormone and the hormone somehow plays a critical role in the cancer.

I'm not saying there is a whole lot of great science here. In fact, I qualify the whole thing as strictly anecdotal - but when a person is looking chemo/surgery/death in the face, this is something that (anecdotally) can turn that person around in under a week.

The woman claims 100% success so far. And her stories are not lightweight. She talks about a cousin that came to her place in a wheelchair and left on his feet. He had is so bad, they weren't even going to try chemo or surgery. A week after he left he was tested again: full remission.

All anecdotal.

Yet, it's so simple ... if a person has cancer, what the hell.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...me neither, Blue Heron.

Paul Wheaton, in research those are called anecdotal claims. They have no scientific validity. They are not repeatable.

Scientists have known for decades that certain people with cancer go into spontaneous remissions. That is why there are controls and careful studies.

My wife is a practicing clinical herbalist, and she bangs up against these "we're all wormy" folks all the time. They have machines to "muscle test" you and potions and all to get rid of your worms to cure...well, just fill in the blank on what to cure. Right. As an ethical herbalist, DW detests snake oil. She bases her practice on science.

There are herbal helpers in cancer cases, and there are herbal supporters of the immune system and other systems in conjunction with allopathic chemotherapies and radiation, herbs backed in their efficacy by double-blind studies. Oversimplification and anecdotal evidence have killed several cancer patients we have known, either by delaying their treatment as they spent time and money with "muscle testers" and "parasite cleansers," or by causing them to reject doctors all together.

The first thing DW does is tell the patient she is NOT replacing their doctor, but will work closely with him or her. DW has seen many cancer patients in her practice, including a foreign exchange student from Africa that she treated for months until the woman could return home for additional treatments, because she could not afford treatment here.

ANYBODY who claims to have a simple cause and magic cure for cancer is a charlatan.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,869 Posts
I found the referenced page very confusing and bizarre.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The book involved might have more information.

Howzabout this. Find somebody with cancer and ask them to try it. If they still have cancer a week later, I'll add that information to the page.

If you think this is snake oil, help me to understand where the snake oil salesman is? Where is the person making the money off of the suckers?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Posting this kind of garbage is cruel and irresponsible. Promoting positive exposure of this quack is misguided at best, worthy of snake oil salesmen and little more.

If you haven't got the wherewithal to actually research this yourself, or the ability to understand the very valid criticisms of her "work" (of which there are many), please refrain from offering your kind-willed, yet terrible medical "advice".

For anyone looking to understand the criticisms chasing this quack around, do a simple Google search for the author's name. Alternatively, you can begin with Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulda_Regehr_Clark

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Thanks Paul.

These kinds of things are a lot more cruel to those with loved ones who are dealing with the disease.

Back in the early 1940's my mom's sister went through & passed away from stomach cancer - with a kid under 10.

Mom said, all through the years, how every few months even back then there was alaways some miricale cure for cancer coming down the pike. Some from real research, some from quacks, frauds, & publicity hounds.

Stories like these are just too fantastic to ever be true.

Beating cancer depends some on the luck of the gene pool, and on small baby-step advancements from good science.

I hope quacks get what they deserve for the dis-service they do to fellow mankind.

--->Paul

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
rambler, I lost my mom to stomach cancer 4 years ago last month. It is nasty.

I agree about the gene pool and science, but there are also environmental concerns, and LEGITMATE things people can do to avoid the disease or to help the body fight it when at the cellular stage.

Our bodies kill single-cell cancers all the time. All the time. When a cell has mutated DNA, it can get killed off by our immunity. Only when there is a precipitating event like chemical exposure, age-induced genetic change, genetic mutations from birth, or something similar do most cancers start with a burst of cells too great for natural defenses.

Legitimate, research-based ways to help avoid cancer:

do not eat smoked or processed meats because of the nitrates and nitrites http://www.newstarget.com/007024.html

drink plenty of water each day

exercise

eat a handful of blueberries every day (fresh or frozen) http://www.blueberry.org/health.htm

take 1000 IU Vitamin D in capsule form each day
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4563336.stm

eat broccoli, cauliflower, etc. (cruciferous veggies) every day at least once http://www.femalemuscle.com/nutrition/cruc_veg.html

I do every one of these. They are also part of herbal support therapies for cancer patients (along with a lot more my wife knows about).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts