Never saw anything like this...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by motdaugrnds, Jan 8, 2005.

1. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds II Corinthians 5:7 Supporter

We have a beautiful silver doe (salt/pepper ears and 4 black stockings) who is a year old. She had a rough start last winter in that she was found in middle of a cold night crying in pain with a blue tongue. She was the only one born to that doe, an extra large registered Nubian who has always been a great mother to her kids.

My son brought this kid into the house, examined her for broken bones or misplaced joints (finding none) and warmed her. We bottle fed her from her own dam until it was apparent she was ok; then, we put her back into the barn with her dam. About a week later we find her caught under one of the gates inside the barn, got her out and discovered she could not walk. Again, David found no broken or displaced boes. I splint her leg for only a few days and she got ok. Back into the barn she went.

All this past year it has become apparent she is not growing. Now, here is a beautiful little goat who stands about 2 ft. high at most. What to do with her? I have no idea. My son will not slaughter because he got attached to her a little while she was in the house. (We put all the kids that do not sell into our deepfreeze.) Don't want or need a "mascot" running around our little 6 acres; but it looks like that is what we got. :eek:

2. TwoAcresAndAGoat

TwoAcresAndAGoat Well-Known Member

We had a cow that never grew either. We ended up putting her in the freezer. But your mini goat would make a nice pet you don't see many mini Nubians. Advertiase her as a Mini Nubian and charge more for her. Some people want what unusual :D

3. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

I have folks call all the time wanting any of my kids that don't grow out as expected, they breed mini-Nubians (nigerian dwarf X Nubian), I know Sondra on here as contacts for several mini lists, perhaps advertize her on them. Vicki