Neuton mower

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by MaKettle, Nov 13, 2006.

1. MaKettle

MaKettle Well-Known Member

Due to a shoulder injury, I can no longer manage a pull start, so have been replacing all of the maintenance toys with electric. Does anyone have a Neutron mower? The ads look simply delicious, but then, ads generally do.

2. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

what's a neutron mower? Is that a brand name for an electric lawn mower? :confused:

3. blufford

blufford Well-Known Member Supporter

It would seem to me that pushing that mower with its heavy battery would be a real pain in the shoulder. How about an electric start, self propelled gas mower. When I mowed grass for a living 35 years ago, Lawn Boy was our favorite brand because they were lighter than say Toro.

4. katlupe

katlupe Off-The-Grid Homesteader Supporter

The Neuton is the one we are planning on getting in the spring. Dh has a crushed right elbow, and needs it a little easier, as he is getting older.

katlupe

5. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Weight with battery is 48 lbs.

6. MaKettle

MaKettle Well-Known Member

So, the picture in the ad of the slender lady holding the machine off the ground with one hand must be of a batteryless machine. At 48 lbs, it is lighter than my old B & D model that is no longer available (the new rechargeable is 85#). And yes, shoving 50 # up the hill of the orchard is a real challenge, but plan to fence it in and turn the sheep in there. So the Neutron will be used mainly for mowing garden paths, trim, and such. I like the idea of getting an extra battery. Was hoping to find someone who had one and vouch for dependency and long life.

7. BoldtsWagon

BoldtsWagon Member