Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a list of "homesteady" type programming available for these or any other free or very low cost type places, even YouTube? I can start a list of the things I have enjoyed.

Beautiful People on Netflix

High Wild and Free on Netflix

The rest escape me right now, too much studying my mind is Jello.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Terri posted a slew of good homesteady type shows on Youtube a few months ago. Wish I could post the link to that thread but I am still learning. I'll have to get my tech guy (18 year old son) to show me how. "Tudor Monastary, WW2 Farm, Tales From The Green Valley" are a few that come to mind.

Not homesteady at all but Hinterlands on Netflix was good. A dark (naturally) crime drama set Wales, it has four episodes. I think the visuals of the amazing Welsh countryside was half the draw. :)

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
since google took over youtube its almost impossible to find anything river cottage.

google ruined youtube !!!!!! google sucks !!!!

Reactions: handymama

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Not really any homesteady videos but for people looking for new movies to watch, try genvideos.co Just sharing for those like me with no TV ....

·
Dilettante in All Things
3,184 Posts
Here is the series on YT that Terri found a while back - Tales from the Green River Valley.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRj1YYnsBGk[/ame]

This is the first of 12. Very interesting.

I had access to TV while on vacation and glutted myself with Alaska: The Last Frontier. I'd heard of it but not viewed it. I mentioned it to my co-worker who picked me up from the airport and found out she's been recording it 0_0
She must have some yard work she needs help with to throw out something like that, or want me to cook something :D She's a "<insert town here>Housewives" and soap opera person as the norm.

I've not really searched Prime or NetFlix for those types of things, but if I come across some I'll gladly refer them.

~ST

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Not homesteady at all but Hinterlands on Netflix was good. A dark (naturally) crime drama set Wales, it has four episodes. I think the visuals of the amazing Welsh countryside was half the draw. :)
Hinterlands is in my que, but I haven't started it yet. You may want to check out an Irish show called "Single Handed". It's about a police officer who leaves Dublin to come back to his very rural birth place and take over his Father's police role. (Police are called Gardia in Ireland). It can be very dark and involved with lots of corruption, but as you note for the Welsh show, the scenery is amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Couldn't find 'Single-Handed' on Netflix but I'm definitely on the look out for it. Sounds like something I would enjoy.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
We have two tvs in this house, both belong to my son and both are in his room. I don't own a tv and won't be taking one when I move. BUT I do enjoy my nightly tv time with my son in his room. We have put a couch in there as well as a chair and so his room has become entertainment central.

We have netflix, so I am interested in any thing on netflix, that is homesteading types as well.

Oh Jericho is my favorite so far...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts