Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 kits that are 6 days old and 2 of them seem to be trying to burrow out of the nest. I have found them a couple times near the front of the nest box nestled into the hay. I have been checking them every morning and peek at the box several times a day. Their momma is so tolerant of me. They are in a climate control environment so they haven't gotten too cold on their adventure (thermometer on belly is my guide, compared to kits in nest) but I am worried they get too far from the nest they will miss a feeding or get squished when mom hops in.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,460 Posts
Do not be a helicopter mom. :):)

Reactions: Fire-Man

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
What Alice said. Their mom should put them back in the nest if they too far away.

·
Registered
296 Posts
the doe will not move her kits ,but i think that at 6 days they are mobile enough to get to dinner . and get to a warm spot . assuming you have a standard size box that dosen't let them get to far apart

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the doe will not move her kits ,but i think that at 6 days they are mobile enough to get to dinner . and get to a warm spot . assuming you have a standard size box that dosen't let them get to far apart
Since they are a large breed I made a nest box sized to fit mom. It's approximately 18L x 10W x 12H inches. They are doing good, they paired up so when they split up it's 2 in each group and are about 12 days old now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts