Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Nesco food dryer, it failed after 18 months, after fooling around, I found the Thermal Fuse had blown. Ordered new one(s) (min order was like 10) and replaced it. Ran for about 4 more sessions during next 4 months, then blew again.
Anyone know any hints on this? Like a bigger fuse or maybe is the temperature control wacked?
Any good recommendations on a low cost replacement? Looking at reviews is a killer these days, seems like many units out there have issues like this.

Thanks - Tim

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
O boy, I'm going to get in trouble here, put in a higher thermal fuse. There, I said it. I've even bypassed them, It was a risk I was willing to take. I'll deny I ever told you to do it. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad you posted this, I was going to buy one this month. I think I will keep looking, for now, my convection oven is working just fine !:duel:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O boy, I'm going to get in trouble here, put in a higher thermal fuse. There, I said it. I've even bypassed them, It was a risk I was willing to take. I'll deny I ever told you to do it. :)
What was the rating and has it held :) - I didn't ask that, and this will self destruct later on:hrm:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did replace the thermal(second time now) I mean I have like 18 of them now since the minimum order was 20 ($5) - its running again. And Port-Angel, I don't know what to say about others, as most of the ones of this style have similar issues per reviews on amazon. I think the unfortunate next step is the darned $200 ones.
I still wonder if the thermostat is off, like it leaves the element running when it should cycle if the desired temp is reached?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a Nesco food dryer, it failed after 18 months, after fooling around, I found the Thermal Fuse had blown. Ordered new one(s) (min order was like 10) and replaced it. Ran for about 4 more sessions during next 4 months, then blew again.
Anyone know any hints on this? Like a bigger fuse or maybe is the temperature control wacked?
Any good recommendations on a low cost replacement? Looking at reviews is a killer these days, seems like many units out there have issues like this.

Thanks - Tim
I have 2 dryers that run but the heating unit doesn't work is the fuse the problem and where do you get them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts