Neighbor likes my sheep...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by ihedrick, Jun 16, 2006.

1. ihedrick

ihedrick Can't stop thinkin'

and not because they are nice animals. This guy has brought it up on more than one occassion about sheep and other farm animals being used for...well not for homesteading purposes. He thinks that "visiting" my animals would bypass the "cheating on my spouse" feeling. And he has said it's not me he's interested in visiting. I've tried telling him politely that I nor my animals are into that sort of thing. He has even suggested web sites for me to check out and see what he's talking about. I am at the point of avoiding his calls, but this is someone that if I continue to avoid it will cause problems for my family and my parents (who don't know about this). Anyone else have someone take a "unusual liking" to your farm animals? :shrug: How do you deal with it? Do I expose this man for what he is; if he continues to ask to date my ewe?

2. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

That's just....sick!

3. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

:eek: Good Grief Charlie Brown! :eek:

I think you should ask him if wants a "date" with the wrong end of a shotgun!!! :grump: :grump: :grump:

And I think I would be stringing up fish hooks between his property and mine!

4. susieM

susieM Well-Known Member

First of all, check if that sort of thing is legal in your state. You may be able to slow him down, somewhat, if it is.

Have you considered suggesting that he buy himself a blow-up doll? Have you considerd speaking to his wife? A mean ram? Webcam? A chat with the local boys in blue? Telling him to take a hike? Name and shame?

5. ihedrick

If it was a four legged "preditor" I'm sure I could legally shoot it...I was worried about posting because it is deviant behavior, but it has been going on for a couple months and he isn't hearing me say NO. Thankfully, he doesn't live right next to me.

6. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Everytime you see him with someone else in ear shot - make mention that you are concerned about him dating your sheep. The other guys will take care of harassing him for you. And if he gets upset - tell him you were joking and you were sure he was also.

Hugs
    marlene

7. crystalniche

crystalniche Well-Known Member

Tell your parents what is going on. This is serious and who knows what he would do if the mood hit. There was a local guy who lost his horse to the HSUS because he "liked her too much" if you get my drift. It can only snowball and will not go away. If that guy were to sneak in with your sheep and get caught he most likely would scream that you knew all about it then you could lose them. It would be best if you told your parents.

8. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Tell him your sheep are very religious and cannot participate in beastiality (in this case, he's the Beast). Also, explain that you cannot risk the chance of the sheep getting diseases. Finally, let him know you will be using a hidden camera and publishing all pictures in the local paper.

9. turtlehead

turtlehead Well-Known Member

Next time he brings it up, tell him that's a firm "NO," suggest he work his frustrations out with his wife, and if the issue comes up again, you'll tell his wife yourself.

10. Dink

Dink Well-Known Member

Ewwww thats just sick Id call the police department and have a chat with them.

11. Triffin

Triffin Well-Known Member

Lets hope his 'wife' only has two legs :dance:

Triff ..

12. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

Tell your parents AND the police. Do it today. This guy is a sicko and if you don't deal with it, you can blame no one but yourself.

13. Hammer4

Hammer4 Well-Known Member

Tell him your sheep have a nasty sexual disease that makes human penis ( peni? ) fall off.

14. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

Um... "parents"? Am I missing something here? I believe ihedrick is a fully grown adult -- is there some reason why he ought to be telling his parents? I mean, besides the entertainment value?

One of two things is happening here -- either he thinks that you're "sympathetic" to his "needs" -- or he's taking a joke WAAY too far. Either way, a "that's just sick and I'm sick of hearing about it. Go away and stay away" is necessary. I'd give the heads up to the local police, as well -- create that paper trail in case you find him in your barn one lonely night.

Good luck. I thought I had bad neighbors -- I'll take the woman next door with her stupid, yappy rat-dog any day over this.

15. MELOC

MELOC Master Of My Domain

wow.

i would get a livestock dog. i would be careful. if he is that "pressured" to actually say something like that it is hard to tell what he would do to you or your family.

16. Oggie

Oggie Waste of bandwidth Supporter

Tell him that you were hoping to harvest 100 percent virgin wool.

17. jill.costello

jill.costello Well-Known Member

I just spit coffee all over my keyboard, thank you very much!

On the topic:
    This guy is mis-wired in a SEVERE way, actually TALKING to you about such a topic makes me think that your animals are NOT what he's actually interested in- he's trying to get a reaction out of YOU.

You need to protect YOURSELF; go and file a harrassment report with the police. Also, check the sexual predator websites and see if his name is on there. He may just be violating his parole by these actions.

18. ihedrick

Ooggie; that's bad (but did give some humor to a bad situation).
    I did find a web site listing by state whether beasiaility was legal or not and it was suprising at the differences between the states. The web site (ifyou want to know your state's law) http://www.totse.com/en/law/justice_for_all/beastlaw.html

19. Windy_jem

Windy_jem Well-Known Member Supporter

But did you find his name on the sexual preditors website? This guy is a sicko!

20. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

I'd tell him no, means no and that I don't want to discuss this ever again. I'd also tell him that if I ever found one of my ewes hurt, I would call the police. I'd also tell him to ever come to my house again. I'd tell my parents and the pastor of his church and the police right away. I'd probably tell the wife. She needs to know what she's married to and protect herself from diseases. Yuck, this clown is a real sicko.