Homesteading Forum banner

Needed: House for Rent or for sale for owner terms

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  VAkat 
#1 ·
Hi all!!! I can't stand it anymore! I'm looking for a place to move ASAP. Does anyone know of houses w/ acreage for rent or sale for owner terms anywhere around. I don't care what state. I just need a house with some acreage ( 5 or more acres would be great ), 3 bedrooms, 1 bath. Other than that, I'm not picky. Help me out if you can.

#2 ·
How much ya got??? :)

sancraft said:
Hi all!!! I can't stand it anymore! I'm looking for a place to move ASAP. Does anyone know of houses w/ acreage for rent or sale for owner terms anywhere around. I don't care what state. I just need a house with some acreage ( 5 or more acres would be great ), 3 bedrooms, 1 bath. Other than that, I'm not picky. Help me out if you can.

#5 ·
hey sancraft....i saw land, owner finance today out here in okieland-about 35 min from tulsa-you'd have to build or put a trailer on it. that's all i know right now...but i can get more info if you think you might be interested.

#6 ·
okgoatgal2 said:
hey sancraft....i saw land, owner finance today out here in okieland-about 35 min from tulsa-you'd have to build or put a trailer on it. that's all i know right now...but i can get more info if you think you might be interested.
Goatgal's right. :) There are lots of really inexpensive places in Eastern Oklahoma ... and no codes! But don't tell anyone.

Likely, you'd have to do some cleaning up, but it's beautiful here and, if you get in the right area, people are really wonderful.

Try realtor.com or realtors.com -- can't remember which. :confused: That might be able to help you find something.

#7 ·
Go on the internet and type in the city and state you want to live in......then find the name of the newspaper......go to the classified ads and look for homes for sale and rent.......I've seen ads in my home town paper,usually fall or winter. Keep looking and asking people......something will turn up.

#8 ·
On the 7th, this will probably be for sale. It's my g-parents old place east costal NC. I haven't decided to make the purchase or not...this entire thing is giving me a stomach ache.
Built in 1890, I'm going to guess, 2,000 sq + ft, unheated enclosed porch with pantry wash/dryer, EI kitchen, formal dine, large living room, large foyer, master bedroom with sitting room & bath on first floor. Second floor, 3 bed, 1 full bath. Carpet over wood, ceiling tile over bead ceiling. House needs work, last remodeled in early 70's. Electric base heat is expensive in winter, only 1 window a/c, no fireplace. New roof will probably be installed prior to sale. Septic, city water. Oversize 2 car garage with workshop, needs siding & doors, roof new 3 years ago has loft storage. Cook house with electric & seperate well pump, wood cook stove. Smoke house. I believe the fish cleaning center is still there. Barn used for goats, chicken house. Partially fenced, Nan had some taken down due to people dropping off animals she couldn't care for (she's 90) Old grape arbor, apple, pears, peach & figs...this needs ALOT of work, no one has touched it in 10 years. I believe it is has it's own irrigation. Approx. 2.5 acres. Outside small town pop 800. About 4 miles from new 4 lane highway, new Food Lion being built in town. Work is around depending on what you do. Huge tourist area 30 miles away.
Dad said 40-50,000 If I buy it I'd either fix it & rent or lease purchase. I'd love to find someone who would fix it up to it's former showcase self. Or maybe I'll just sell this house & move down there...no mtg sounds great!! Ahh, this is killing me! What to do! What to do! YIKES! *THUD*
If you are intested I'll post back in a few weeks once Dad gets down & gets an appraisal. Occupancy could probably be immediate.
Regards;
KAT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.