Need two feeder pigs in central VA

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by kssdc2001, Oct 19, 2005.

1. kssdc2001

kssdc2001 Active Member

Hi -- we're in Greenville VA, 45 minutes west of charlottesville, between Staunton and Lexington (VA) off I-81 in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Our neighbor's pig was SUPPSEDLY pregnant and we were to get two of her piglets to raise for meat. She's not pregnant -- and now is whole hog sausage -- and we are pigless. Anyone in our general area with feeder pigs to sell? We can travel some to pick them up -- or we could pay some for delivery. Thanks!

Kate and Nick Auclair
    www.greenfencefarm.com

2. kssdc2001

kssdc2001 Active Member

3. beeman97

beeman97 Well-Known Member

Kate & Nick,
    We have tamworth X feeders about ready to go if your interested, the only thing is we are about 3 hrs away from you in NC jsut south of south boston va.
    you can reach me by direct e-mail at beeeman at charter.net
    Rick

4. computerchick

computerchick Keeper of the Zoo

Hi Kate and Nick!

Kathy Ecker in Boonsboro MD (81 about 1.5 hours up from Staunton) has some shoats available - not sure feeder or breeder - either way, I'm willing to transport down to Winchester Va for you on one of my runs...

They are Heritage Spot X

You can reach her at sk_ecker@netstorm.net

Good luck!
    Andrea

5. kssdc2001

kssdc2001 Active Member

Thank you all for the response -- we'll be following up. Rick -- I am hopeful we can find some feeders a little closer to home (we commute from DC, so you are the other way!), but if we don't, you'll be hearing from us. I am determined to not go another year buying pork in a store!

Kate and Nick
    Green Fence Farm
    www.greenfencefarm.com

6. QueenB04

QueenB04 Well-Known Member

Hi Kate and Nick,

We have several piglets left, born June 23rd. We have one uncastrated male, and several castrated as well as gilts. We live in Buckingham VA, center of the state, about a 1hr drive south west of C'ville from Rt. 20. They are Cross bred, from Hampshire momma, and a X-bred Duroc male. Please let me know if you are interested. Nice to see someone from the central VA area, please e-mail me kristenpettoni@yahoo.com if you're interested will also check out your website after I post this. Good luck!
    -Kristen

7. computerchick

computerchick Keeper of the Zoo

Kate and Nick - I found some Tamworths - going this weekend to pick up feeders off of 340. I don't think she has any left, but would you like me to ask? Also found a few more ads for misc 'feeders'.

Andrea