Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im at a loss as to what to get for my wife for christmas. any suggestions ladies? in about a $100 range

thanks in advance
dean

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
$100 can buy a lot. What kinds of things does she like? Hobbies?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
It depends on what kind of person your wife is. Does she like practical gifts or personal gifts?

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
A gift certificate to her favorite seed catalog? I wish I could spend a lot of money on flowerbulbs, but would never do it unless it was the gift certificate thing....

Maybe she needs a pen built for some animal....

A tool to make her life easier...(I have my own cordless drill, now)

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
42,279 Posts
I'm going to ask for a microscope so I can do the fecal tests for worms in the goat poo. That's about $100.:)

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Start thinking back!! Nine chances out of ten, she has told you already what she'd like, you just didn't know she was asking. Does she say stuff like, "It would be really nice to have/get/own/replace ........... ", or "One of these days I'd like to ........... ". Those were HINTS. :) Sue

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
Ask her! "Honey, what do you really want for Christmas?"

Sometimes it may take a woman a long time to think of something, she's usually so used to getting for everybody else and gives little thought to herself.

Does she have a sister or a friend you could ask?

Don't get her clothes. 9 times out of 10 they won't fit, or won't fit her style.

·
Premium Member
18,153 Posts
My suggestion is to get her some beginning equipment for reloading.

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Look at her interests. Does she enjoy cooking? If so, is there a specific piece of kitchen equipment she's been wanting, maybe hinting at? I know I'd love a fish kettle, but DH doesn't take hints well, so I emailed him the link to one on the net :)

What about handcrafts? Does she knit? There are these really neat circular needles you can get now, they come in a kit with detachable ends so you just have to attach the ends to the connector, and voila! circular needles in any size. If she likes to knit, maybe she'd like to learn to spin? A bunch of roving and a drop spindle might get her started.

Does she work hard and seldom think of herself? You can get her a lovely treatment at a masseuse for $100. Here, that would buy an hour long massage and a hot stone treatment, or a soak in a herbal bath.

Or, give her a bouquet of flowers, take her out for dinner, and tell her that you love her, and feel lucky to have her in your life. That one always gets me :D

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Only a man would ask 'what can get for so-n-so'--without giving us further information of that person! We need to know things--lol..like, if she is a farm girl, city girl, approx age (some women don't want to tell their age), does she work away from home or is she a stay at home mom/wife?? what hobbies she has or what does she collect. If she is a farm girl-- does she sew/quilt/spin/knit?--then she might enjoy a gift card for really nice fiber or fabric. Does she love to garden--can/freezer, preseve? Maybe she would like a new heavy duty stock pot or a dehydrator, bread machine? Does she love plants-for her orchard/vineyard/yard??-if she loves orchids--make her a grow shelf with a little fan and grow lights. flowers--I agree plants make me much happier than cut, purchased flowers! Would she love a nice coop w/ pretty chickens/rabbit? Tools of her own. A manicure/pedicure?? A gift card for her to shop at her favorite store/mall, a 'coupon' for you to babysit/do her chores/laundry/etc for the day and a gift card for a girls night/day out to share with her best friend.

You are a good husband to think of her...Good luck with your gift and please tell us what you decide...QB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts