Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
3,288 Posts
Sheetrock and paint make a carpenter what he ain't.

View attachment 103427
I've seen worse in house construction. "If it can be hidden by sheetrock, it is good enough."

PS: I don't trust any worker guy who wears a flannel shirt, a tool belt, and safety boots while he is wearing shorts.

·
3,288 Posts
Those were the days. When the used car market was all those great old muscle cars. Chevelles, Camaros, Mustangs, GTOs, we were driving those and thought nothing of it. If only we could have that 68 chevelle ss back.......
When I graduated from college in 1969, I bought a 1969 Chevelle SS 396. It was our "family" car. It was only 325 HP (they came in 350 and 375 HP). It used premium gas, of course. (The only trouble I ever had was the styrofoam float in the Rochester 4-barrel carburetor would start absorb gas and start sinking every year or two and I would have to replace it.)

In those days, it was not considered fast. The Chargers, Super Bees, and Mustang Mach Ones were so much faster from a stop light, I didn't even compete.

But before I lost my Chevelle (in a divorce around 1976), all those other muscle cars were either wrecked or rusted out or worn out and my Chevelle SS 396 was one of the quickest cars around.

·
3,288 Posts
Looks more like a meth user from what I hear, but what do I know about drugs? (Nothing)

Reactions: po boy

·
3,288 Posts
From the Babylon Bee:
--------------------------------------------
Tell Us What Kind Of Seating Your Church Has And We'll Tell You How Good Its Theology Is

One key indicator of sound theology that many people overlook is church seating. Here's some information about the theological stance of the church you're joining based on the type of seats they use:

Hard wooden pews - Generally speaking, the harder the pew, the stronger the theology. So this church is either really strong theologically or else Catholic.

Firmly cushioned pews - You're probably at an old fundamental Baptist church, especially if the pews are the classic avocado color that was so popular 50 years ago. Your church's theology is strong and unchanging, just like the KJV Bible.

Modern interlocking chairs - This is where we start to get to some bad theology. The chairs interlock with one another much like this church interlocks with the sinful ways of the world. Tell your pastor you want to go back to pews. Return to the old paths!

Folding chairs - You're likely at a church plant held at an elementary school. Probably OK theology but watch out because they'll immediately recruit you to help with the children's ministry.

Stumps in the woods - Oh no! You're not at church -- you're part of an ancient druidic cult! RUUUUUN!!!

Movie theater seating - Soft, reclining chairs to match the soft, malleable theology of your celebrity pastor. Not good!

Not a chair in sight - If they've cleared the chairs away, be careful. You're at a Pentecostal revival night. Get ready to dodge people rolling around the floor like steamrollers. And watch out for the snakes - why'd it have to be snakes? (You could also be at a Russian Orthodox church -- the way to tell the difference is to look out for the smell of borscht.)

Seats with stacks of hundred-dollar bills lining the upholstery - You're at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas.

Golden thrones - You're on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network).

Your couch at home - Oh no! You're not at church -- you're just watching a preacher online. Go to church, you heathen!

·
3,288 Posts
Sign on the wall in a local fast food restaurant (not a Buc-ee's truck stop):
Fixture Door Rectangle Font Gas

The men's restroom only has 1 urinal, 1 commode, and 1 lavatory.

The sign is actually the maximum occupancy load for the entire restaurant.

The manager saw me taking the photo and ask me why I was taking it. I showed it to him, and he laughed.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts