Need shears...

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by wooly1s, Aug 25, 2006.

1. wooly1s

wooly1s Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a place to get a good buy on electric shears? Our 4-H club needs a heavy duty set of shears for shearing sheep, llamas, and angora goats, and would like to be as budget-minded as possible, and still make a wise purchase. Used equipment is also welcome...we just don't know where to find it! Thanks!

2. malickfarms

malickfarms Well-Known Member

Request a catalog from Hoegers Supply they are also on the web & Caprine Dairy Supply they have goat and sheep supplies.

April

3. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

EBAY - do a search on Whal Lister to get wahl's Lister Star Clippers. They are what I prefer. Get multiple blades and combs. Keep them oiled.

4. Sprout

Sprout Well-Known Member

The Sunny Okie transplant ground of Californie
    I would ask around and find out where the best clipper repair and sales place is. You'll pay as much in shipping as you will in taxes so price doesn't make that much of a difference, but with a store, you get advice on operations and they can advise you on the use of different combs and techniques. You also know where to go to get your blades sharpened.

5. GrannyCarol

GrannyCarol Well-Known Member Supporter

I've gotten good service from PetEdge online. www.petedge.com You can call their 800 number and they will give you advice as to what works for your application. Don't know if they are so heavy into sheep products though.

~ Carol