Need Recipes?

Discussion in 'Testers' started by HorseyGirl, Jul 12, 2003.

1. HorseyGirl

HorseyGirl Member

This is another one of those 'I saw it when I was backing up and don't know if you still need it' posts. There was a post entitled Need Recipes in which it said the the recipes in the book for a few things didn't come out right. One of them was English Muffins, and I didn't see a new recipe for it. If you still need it, you can use this one:

English Muffin Loaf
    Makes 2 loaves
    2 C milk
    1/2 C water
    6 C flour
    1 T sugar
    1 1/2 t salt
    1/4 t baking soda
    2 envelopes active dry yeast
    Cornmeal

Combine milk and water in large saucepan and heat until tiny bubbles form at edge of pan. Cool to luke warm.
    Combine 3C flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and yeast. Add lukewarm milk mixture, beat well, and stir in remaining 3C flour.
    Grease 2 loaf pans and sprinkle with cornmeal. Spoon batter into pans and sprinkle batter with cornmeal. Allow to rise in warm place for 45 minutes. Bake in preheated 400F oven for 25 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Slice and toast to serve.

I made this for my family for x-mas breakfast. My dad loved it and I have had to make it several times since. :) If I posted in the wrong area, I apologize. Let me know and I will copy and paste it to a correct place.

2. Carla Emery

Carla Emery In Remembrance

It is better to have posted anywhere than never to have posted at all! (I would have put it in Grains.) Thank you very, very much for contributing that English muffin recipe in answer to my plea, Horsey Girl. You are quickly becoming a VERY valuable person around here! :D
    Gratefully,
    Carla

3. Carla Emery

Printed and tallied to date. :D

4. rewalston

rewalston Well-Known Member

5. Carla Emery