Need quick help!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by comfortablynumb, Feb 7, 2004.

1. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

How long do I pressure cook a 3 lb chicken so it is nice and firm but not a pile of mush? hurry!!! its building up steam!!

the jiggly kind of cooker, I suppose it runs like 12-15 lbs depending on the jiggle speed...
    I want it cooked but not mush this time!!!

2. comfortablynumb

ah its been 20 minutes... Its either done or ....really done.

3. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Do you always cook chicken at 2a.m.? Sounds like a pretty good midnight snack! :D

4. uNK

uNK Guest

ITS TOO LATE TO WORRY ABOUT THE CHICKEN.. Its our clocks that I wonder about. Take a look at the times on these posts. Either some of us are on a time machine, or our battery clocks got struck by lightning.

5. TXlightningbug

TXlightningbug Well-Known Member

So...How did it come out? As a cooked chicken...or mush??? lol Judi
    (Sounds like my cooking! I don't know whether to pity you or the chicken!)

6. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............Was your goose cooked????....fordy ;) :worship: :worship:

7. comfortablynumb

well, 20 minutes produced a firm, yet tender chickie, most of the meat was still on the bones.
    after I had consumed said chickie, i decided cooking it till it was falling off the bones was better, as I could just pull out bare bones, no picking to get that last crumb of meat.
    The half gallon of skin mush, fat and other little bits floating in the broth (very rich indeed, all fat and gel.. mmmm) I just this afternoon dumped a bucks worth of canned mixed veggies (3 cans at the dollar store) and a large handfull of corn meal, and that produced a sort of... chicken hash.
    suprisingly good. next chicken I will try oatmeal with the cornmeal for effect.
    that gallon of slop will feed me for about... 3 days.

Yea, I often cook in the middle of the night, its winter so my internal clock is all screwed up.
    tomorrows duty of the day is a lemon poppyseed cake mix I discovered while rummaging for a jar of pickles.
    after I unload a truck of horse food.
    on an unrelated note, tonight I found a huge racoon sleeping in the botom of my horse food barrel. he wasnt upset, he just looked up at me real slow as to say "Ive been here for 5 hours.. what took you so long?"

I tipped it over, he watched me get the feed while he sat on a bale of hay... the pack of kittens chased him away.

what that had to do with a chicken I dunno.
    i once foundan elephant in my pajamas.. how he fit in my pajamas, I havent a clue.

I need a good nights rest.. bye bye.

8. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

"God is a comedian playing to an audiance to afraid to laugh."
    ~Voltaire~

I've always said, if God doesn't have a sense of humor, He wouldn't want me & I probably wouldn't enjoy going either.... Always figured me & God were laughing at each other a lot. :) Hopefully with each other more times than not.

---?Paul