Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the prayer requests here and do pray for anyone who needs it. I never thought I'd be the one asking.

My significant other has been having floaters in his eye for about the past 7 months, bad enough that it forced him to quit trucking. He just didn't feel safe behind the wheel. He's been working a desk job since then and has been happy. The doctor(s) have all taken a wait and see approach.

Last night he suddenly noticed a shadow in his vision. I'm well versed enough to know what that might mean and he went into the ER last night - they set him up with an opthamologist for an emergency consult this a.m. He's only 53 and has no family history of eye problems.

Anyway, if you could spare a few prayers to us..please send them northward. And if anyone has experience with a retinal tear/detachment I'd love any "real" info. Thanks everyone for reading....

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I thought i might have something wrong with my retina, but as it turned out it was an ocular migraine.
Prayers it isn't anything serious!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you so much everyone. It is indeed a detached retina. Why these things happen is beyond me... poor guy just called apologizing profusely because we had our dog spayed last night and I'm caring for her as well. I told him not to worry. :)

·
Premium Member
7,030 Posts
Tear CAN be repaired if taken care of quickly. Had a friend who waited almost two weeks to have his taken care of. Four surgeries and he can now tell night from day. He's cheap.

Be aware, I've read that one tear makes it more likely for another, so just be aware.

Oh, and they call the floaters "mice", last I heard, just irritating not an indicator of a tear.

Mon

Reactions: unregistered358967

·
Premium Member
25,151 Posts
Normal "floaters" would not be enough to cause serious vision problems. Most are like a tiny dot or clearish "dust" strings (but very small ones). Anything that interferes with driving vision is an emergency situation. That was what every opthamologist I've ever been to has told me.

I'm sorry his situation was put off by the doctors. It might have been prevented if they had taken it more seriously. You have my thoughts and prayers for a complete and rapid recovery.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks so much everyone. He did get right in today. If you have the stomach for it, look up pneumatic retinopexy. Bleccchhhh. Now he has a patch over his eye and is resting with dog #2. But wow, it was tense in the waiting room- nothing like hearing a loved one say 'hmm.. Now it's 75% black in that eye, oops now at 90%' and I'm thinking hurry, hurry, hurry!!

Early bedtime for us tonight as stress makes my immune system horrible. I cannot get sick right now. Thanks everybody.....I can't explain how much your prayers mean(t). I felt them. :)

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Sorry to hear about your husband. I hope the doctors can fix this. Praying for you guys.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Jaxmom, so they did the pneumatic retinopexy on him?? Hopefully that will take care of it. I honestly didn't know what that was so looked it up and the outcome is usually good from what I read. The quicker it is done the better. Will continue prayers for you both and please let us know how he is doing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts