Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprise, but the CD player from junk(wal)mart, that was an christmas gift for the niece, failed right out of the package. Memorex brand. Maybe they should have stuck to magnetic tape. :flame:

Need to replace it with a real, working cd player, but getting in too deep.

The Sony's look good, but the are plenty of complaints about them. Panasonic, Coby,others ????

Anyone have any decent models to suggest? Prefer newer models, as it appears models become obsolete pretty quick.

Thanks

·
joy seeker
1,482 Posts
In the past year, that husband o' mine has purchased 2 cd players. One for our girlie and one for me in the kitchen...both RCA brands. These were from Walmart and are 'boom box' style, not the personal cd players. Both are played loud and often and we've been happy with them.

Just thought I'd try to help--good luck!

~~

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
Hubby had a Sony CD player (bought years ago) that lasted forever. Don't know if the quality is the same today.

We bought our two daughters Psyc Sony CD Players 2 years ago - these can also play MP3s from a CD. One still works, the other one's laser thingy has stopped working.

3 years ago we bought our oldest daughter a Durabrand CD player. Still works today.

Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. :shrug:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Why not just get it replaced? That problem could happen with any cd player. Memorex sells quality electronics and I highly doubt it's Walmart's fault that made it faulty out of the box.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I had one that would not work, the wire was bent where it plugged into the back. Maybe it is just some little thing....make sure the buttons are all pushed where they should be..I have to pick mine up to do that...or take it back for another brand. Sorry it spoiled your Holiday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts