Need Manuel for my 1978 nomade skyline camper

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by NancyinArkansas, Sep 14, 2004.

1. NancyinArkansas

NancyinArkansas Well-Known Member

If anyone knows where I can get a manuel for this camper ,please let me know .-Perhaps any older manuel will do.I have made phone calls all day and am about to give up.I am afrid I will blow us up with that gas .I finally got the ref.running goog and electricity. The kitchen has a faucet.but where does the pressure come from. how do you empty the holding tank.I havent hooked up the warer yet. As you can tell I was tent camper and am lost.we did find a new reciever hitch for 25 dollars.we got lucky.NANCY

2. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

iff you dont have a water tank with a pump you have to hook up a hose as for the gas you hook it up to the tank outside like a bbqeither underneath or in a small door on the side you will see a large plastic pipe thats for puimping out your waste

3. swamp_deb

swamp_deb Well-Known Member

Nancy,
    Go to the closest place that sell campers, any pull behind, and pick that salesman's brain. Ask all the questions you want to and really look the campers over, they don't HAVE to know that you already own one. They should be happy to give you all the information that you need.
    If that is impossible, pm me.

Good luck :)

4. gspig

gspig Well-Known Member

google search camping trailer or rv forums. check e-bay for manuals. Nearly all campers have utility hookups on the driver's side as looking from the rear. My pressure hookup looks like the female coupling for a water hose, my tank fill looks like a quarter sphere with a flap cover.

5. NancyinArkansas

NancyinArkansas Well-Known Member

Iasked a neighbor to come over tommrrow and he is going to help me with all the questions--i finally found someone who knows about these things--wish i was nt such a worrier--cant wait to take it out and be comfortable while i camp--i done my share of tent camping when i was young but comes a day i cant do that any more--thank to all i still could use all the advice i could get--guess i ll learn by my mistakes--nancy

6. RandB

RandB Well-Known Member

If you have an RV dealer near you, or if not maybe Amazon.com, check for a general book on RV systems. Many older trailers and campers are called "orphans" which means the company that made them is out of business. We have a 1978 Midas truck camper that is the same situation.
    Luckily, there are a couple general books out there that describe all the systems in detail, evidently there are not too many differences in the systems, no matter who made the camper. We found a book like that at Camping World. It really helped us figure things out, since we had never owned one before, either. Good luck!

7. savingup

savingup Active Member