Need Info on a Ford LGT125 lawn mower w/48" deck

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by 6e, Aug 23, 2006.

1. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

We have an old Ford lawn mower with a 48" deck that keeps breaking the deck belt (the belt that runs the blades). We replaced it once, but I think the old belt was missing a piece and now all the belts are too short and keep breaking and there's no number on the deck and so the parts store can't give me the length for the original belt. We had a heck of a time getting them on because they were too short.
    Does anyone have this kind of mower that know what length of belt this mower would take? Please tell me someone out there has one of these mowers that knows what the length is supposed to be on this mower! I really need to mow the grass and I can't because the belt broke..............again! :grump:

2. PyroDon

PyroDon Well-Known Member

is this the main drive belt or the belt to one of the blades ?
    if i can find it in the junk i have a 48" deck off an lgt16 according to the old book the decks are the same , no meation of belt length though

3. 6e

It's the belt on top of the deck that goes around the three blades and around a tension pulley. The belt that I have now is about 92" long and it was shredded. Any ideas?

4. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

If you got it on at all and then it shredded I'm thinking you have something interfering with the belt. Too short could strip a bearing or even bend a shaft but it's not likely to shred just because its short.

LincTex likes this.
  5. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

How about running a piece of rope around the pullies to get a measurement?If you do it with the blade lever engaged it should be pretty close to the right length

6. 6e

Just in case anyone ever needs to know and reads this post......the correct size deck belt that runs the blades for a Ford LGT 125 with 3 blades and a 48" deck is 97". :)

7. stuckryan

stuckryan New Member

i know this is an old post i have a ford lgt 125 anyone know where to get parts mower blades cant seem to find ay that fit any other info would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

8. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

9. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

You should be able to get blades here:
    http://www.agrisupply.com/