need inexpensive yard signs (like politcal signs)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by countrygurl, Mar 25, 2004.

1. countrygurl

countrygurl Well-Known Member

hello,
    i am looking for inexpensive yard signs like to ones use for politcal signs ect.
    want to do some advertising. does anyone or know of someone that makes them
    already check internet-would like to throw some business to someone who visits homesteading today if possible

2. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

If there is no one here that does that, I'd go to your local printing shop. Shey should be able to do that pretty easy.

3. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

countrygurl,

The answer is in your post. Go out and collect the political signs after an election. Remove the staples and turn them inside out (This would give you a blank white sign). Get creative!

Mike

4. RAC

RAC Guest

I know this sounds obvious, but do check into where you can put your signs--usually on your property is okay, but often not along the roadside, especially near stop signs, etc. Sometimes people who see them as blight, plain and simple, will pull them down as soon as you put them up. Also by putting signs up you invite any code enforcer driving along to see if you are zoned, licensed, etc.

Hate to have you spend all the money up front only to have it cost more money in the end and still not be able to conduct your business.

5. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

Our Fresh Eggs sign is a repainted real estate sign our agent didn't want to drive out and pick up. He told us to throw it away. The post is pvc pipe that slips over a T post. The sign itself is plastic coated corrigated cardboard. I covered it in primer paint and repainted.

After the elections, you should have a good supply of signs and stakes.

6. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

I wait until after the elections and call the losing candidates and ask if they would like their signs littering our area picked up . So far the 6 times I have called defeated candidates, they have told me to keep the signs.

7. MaKettle

MaKettle Well-Known Member

This isn't what you are after, but - on the subject of signs. Our local beautician needed a new sign for her front yard and was shocked at the cost of having one painted. Went to Kinko's and had a sign printed up under the classification of "banner". Hubby stapled it onto a wooden frame. Looks very professional and has withstood one summer and winter.