Need Indoor garden ideas

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Marsh, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Marsh

Marsh Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I have drawn the conclusion after losing my garden twice to rain rain and flooding flooding and possibly slugs. I need to start something indoors. The herbs are doing fine out front. They seem to thrive in these wet flooding conditions. But the veggies do not like it one bit and 4 days of sun in about 3 weeks is not helping them or me. Can anyone suggest indoor gardening tips? How do you do it and what plants? I know you can grow the nightshade family plants inside but I haven't gotten it right yet. I always kill them. Any ideas would be helpful.
    Thanks
    Marsh

2. sapphira

sapphira Well-Known Member

Crockett's Indoor Garden, can get from your library probably, has info on sowing and growing indoors, under lights, pinching, pruning and repotting, pests, plagues, forcing bulbs and greenhouses. Among other info. Although this book is mainly houseplants and things, pretty good info for growing indoors. S.

3. turtlehead

turtlehead Well-Known Member

I can't help you with the indoor gardening but my garden is in a field that is usually gooshy wet in the spring, and we have had ten straight days of rain so far. I am gardening in raised beds and that seems to help a lot, as the water can drain down out of the beds to ground level. It might be worth the effort to build a bed or two and try it.