need help with tomatoes.....

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Miz Mary, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Miz Mary

Miz Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

They are all in the green house.......some are doing great ......some are starting to turn yellow and the leaves are all trying to point upwards..........is this from too much water, or what ?!?!?!?!?

2. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

Miz Mary,

It's kind of hard to tell from your description what exactly may be wrong with your toms. I will say that overwatering is one of the most common killers of tomato plant <g>. The soil should be damp/moist, never soggy.

As to the reaching up ... it could be the need more light. Without seeing the plants and their growing conditions or having a more detailed descpription of the problem, that's the best I can do.

Sorry, I wish I could help more,

Nikki

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I am having the exact same problem, and don't know what it is. I thought that perhaps they needed some fertilizer, so I watered them with diluted salmon emulsion.

Now, of course, things are getting cold, and I'm worrying about the plants being out in my little "Tent" greenhouse... And I don't want to bring them in because they reek of FISH!!

Pony!