Need help with pipe connections

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Bungiex88, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Bungiex88

Bungiex88 Well-Known Member

Bought a pump today that runs a 2" Npt discharge I'm trying to fill 55 gallon drums to water the garden and on top it's a 2" nps thread. What's the best way to fill these drums. My discharge line just keeps popping out of threads. I'll be filling the drums upright. My discharge line is just flimsy rubber so if I connect to them it going to want to kink so I'll probably need a 90 or 2 90's to fill the drums.

2. Bungiex88

I guess I'll need a way of emptying them to if I'm going to use that pump but I do have a little 12 volt transfer pump i can use for that it would just take longer

3. stachoviak@msn.

stachoviak@msn. Well-Known Member

I can't see your set up, but it might be that you need a way for air to escape when the water goes in.
    otherwise, use a fill hose smaller than the hole in the drum. just stick it in and let er rip..

I used to use a 55 gal drum. I hauled it in the tractor bucket. I attached a regular water spigot to the bottom of the drum and hooked a hose to it.
    then I raised the bucket about 8 feet high and let gravity take over. the water came out plenty fast for watering the plants ..

this week I put a new pressure valve on the well system. I went from 20/40 to 30/50..
    I put together about 300 feet of hoses and now I can reach all corners of my garden with plenty of pressure.

Naturally, I have not had a chance to use it yet because it rains every d&*#ed day lately..

I gave up waiting for a dry spell and planted 75 tomatoes and 50 peppers today ..

.......jiminwisc........

4. Bungiex88

Well the drums have two caps on top I pop both them off to fill. Pressure isn't the issue it's the thread type. I'm trying to fill them 2 inch so it fills really fast. I just need an adapter that is 2" nps male to 2" npt male

5. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm This Space For Rent Supporter