need help with perennial plant ID

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by smtigger, Jun 14, 2006.

1. smtigger

smtigger Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what this yellow plant is called? I have it in partial shade, it has been blooming for about three weeks now. It is the taller plant in the back (I already know the smaller plants name in front). We are in zone 6 if that helps and it is a perennial since it came back up this year. It is a little over 2' tall at the tallest point. I need to put a plant marker with it, but have no clue what it is called.
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

3. woodspirit

woodspirit Well-Known Member

Looks like Ligularia. The Rocket.

4. hengal

hengal Well-Known Member

Wow! I don't know what it is but is sure is great looking! I'll be anxious to see what it is! :)

5. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Hm. The flowering and growth habits remind me of lupines, but I've never seen lupines like that!

I'm going to peruse the perennial section at the flower farm on Sunday if no one has identified this by then!

Pony!

6. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

Garden Loosestrife (Lysimachia punctata...not to be confused with one ending in "vulgaris" that is a noxious wetland weed). I have it also and it spreads very nicely...not too aggressive, just right!