Need help with path of hurricane Katrina

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by froggirl, Sep 9, 2005.

1. froggirl

froggirl Feelin' Froggy

Hi All,
    Does anyone remember where exactly Katrina came into LA? We JUST realized the DH's estranged biological father lives way closer to N.O. than we thought and we're getting worried. DH is going to try and place some calls in the next few minutes but in the meantime I was wondering what path the storm took...we don't have TV so we didn't see the build up.
    Thanks,
    --F.g.

2. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

3. fitwind

fitwind Well-Known Member

i believe it start just east of new orleans im not sure where it went from there
    hope you find him

4. TwoAcresAndAGoat

TwoAcresAndAGoat Well-Known Member

August 29
    • 7 a.m.: Katrina makes landfall on the Louisiana coast between Grand Isle and the mouth of the Mississippi River.

• 11a.m. Katrina makes another landfall near the Louisiana-Mississippi state line with 125 mph winds. The storm's daylong rampage claims lives and ravages property in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, where coastal areas remained under several feet of water. (Gallery)

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/katrina/interactive/timeline.katrina.large/content.8.html

5. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

What? There was a hurricane in Mississippi and Alabama? You would never know it by watching tv. It is all New Orleans all the time.

Those in Mississippi and Alabama shoulda done more looting and mayhem I suppose.

6. froggirl

froggirl Feelin' Froggy

THANKS TO ALL!
    We found him after a few calls to family in NJ. Thanks for the info... it helped ease our minds. :)
    --f.g.