Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with this?

I just connected a new external DVD CD RW drive
It came with the Nero software, so I installed it & now I'm very sorry I did!
The drive works fine with other burner (media player)

When I pull up NeroSmartStart, I click on NeroExpress because I want to copy a cd, but then the entire screen shrinks & disappears into my taskbar.
NeroExpress will not start no matter what I do.

I have tried several things:

1. uninstalled my Sonic software (that sucked too!)
2. uninstalled Nero & re-installed
3. tried to open Nero Express from the start menu and any other way I can - when I try that, my entire computer freezes up & I can't even shut it down without turning the power strip off!

So, any thoughts?
I can still use the drive with other software but the Nero software looks neat - I'd like to use it, if I can.
THANKS!!

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
i used to use nero a few years ago. if i remember right, it didn't play well with the other software/media players. i don't think it liked windows media player back then.

i would first try to update the nero with any available software updates, either from the software itself, or from the nero site.

if none are available, try to be sure the nero is the default media player. if any other media players are set to default, it may interfere with the nero.

try to uninstall the windows media player and any other media players that may remain. sometimes they really sneak in with motherboard install disks and other hardware install disks, and you may not know you have several media players. my ATI Radeon video card came with media software that i had to eliminate.

good luck.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MELOC said:
try to uninstall the windows media player and any other media players that may remain. sometimes they really sneak in with motherboard install disks and other hardware install disks, and you may not know you have several media players
If I uninstall the windows media player, can I reinstall it later, if I decide I don't like Nero?
Is it a free install from Microsoft? or ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts