Need help with my teacup poodle!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Cabin Fever, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

I don’t know how to help our minitature teacup poodle, Froo-Froo. What would we ever do without Froo-Froo? He is the best homestead dog there ever was! He is worth his weight in gold….all fourteen ounces of him.

Froo-Froo, the homestead dog, is our hero. Did I ever tell ya about the time the cattle stampeded during one heck of a thunderstorm? Darkness filled the sky and then came the earsplitting crack of lightening! The leader of the herd broke rank and started runnin’ for the fenceline, in a matter of seconds the rest followed him. They ran right thru the bobwahr fence. The thunder of their poundin’ hooves was deafening! Through the the glimpses I caught every time a bolt of lightening went thru the sky, I could see Froo-Froo runnin’ at top speed. He had the leader of the herd dead-for-rights in his sights. That homestead dog caught the leader, nippin’ at his heels and yappin’ for all he was worth. Well, to make a long story short, Froo-Froo turned the herd back into itself and stopped the stampede! I rewarded Froo-Froo that night by giving him a bath with the special expensive shampoo that the Vet sold me.

I would sure miss Froo-Froo. He follows me all day long while I’m on the tractor. He pulls snakes outa their holes and kills them…same with the pocket gophers….he’s always helpful like that on the ol’ homestead.

Froo-Froo, the homestead poodle, is a great hunting dog, too. He can find grouse in the thickest, deepest coverts. He just freezes and points! He’s an expert at treein’ coons and other varmints. And waterfowl huntin’, he jumps right in after those downed ducks and geese without any hesitation. Sometimes, he has little problem bustin’ thru the thin lake ice on a cold November morning, but that’s okay.

But last night was horrible! Ya see, my homestead dog never sleeps, every night Froo-Froo is out there patrolling the perimeter or our farmyard, keeping the predators at bay. But last night proved too be too much for our hero. A whole pack of wild-eyed, starvin’ coyotes came sauntering in the farmyard looking for a free chicken and goat dinner! Heck, them durn critters never knew what hit ‘em when Froo-Froo attacked! It was one hess of mess, that thar fight last night in the chicken coop! All I could see was dust and blood a flyin’ everywhere. The sound of Froo-Froo’s ferocious yap echoed through the cold night air. Froo-Froo fought off all five of those ‘yotes, killin’ three o’ them, but I fear he might me mortally wounded.

What should I do, do I take him to the Vet?

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Sometimes I just love your sense of humor. Thanks!

:haha:

3. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

Give him a good scrub with Ajax. Try to get some in his eyes. Then post here and do a Google search on how to help him and ignore it.

4. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I would think that a good old can of spinach would give him the strength that he needs to carry on :haha:

5. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Ok thanks all of you for making coffee come out my nose :haha:

6. cloverfarm

cloverfarm Well-Known Member

Have you tried duct tape yet? I-m sure you can patch up a poodle with it, just like everything else ...
    Ann

7. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

McNuggets ought to set him right up.

8. wr

Cloverfarm, I think you are on the right track, duct tape works on everything, just ask Red Green :haha:

9. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

Oh yeah wr, Red Green is good with the duct tape. We can all learn a lot from him. :p

Cabin, don't forget horses mane or tail hairs, or even good old baling wire for stitching him up. You've got to give that fantastic homestead dog the best of care.

10. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

My DH thinks that you have entirely too much free time on your hands!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

11. wr

Fla Gal, I would think that if he took the mighty dog over to the nearest quilting bee, the little dog would have prettier scars, possibly something floral.

12. Fla Gal

Aw gee wr, I'm such a tom boy that horse hair or baling wire are the first things that come to mind.

You're right, with all that curly poodle hair there are so many possiblities of designs. These ladies are so adept with designs and needles they could out do any surgeon!

[​IMG]

13. Fla Gal

I'm glad you don't think that way Ardie. If you did, you might give up on us. :waa: I hope that never happens. :eek:

14. kentuckyhippie

kentuckyhippie Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm sure Froo Froo must be at least a distant cousin to the wonderful foxhound my grandpa had. He ran a fox so hard one night that he didn't see the barbwire fence and ran thru it and sliced himself right in half down the center. Grandpa picked him us and done some quick field surgery but in the dark and excitement and what with old Duke trying to get back in the fox race grandpa accidentaly put him back to gether with two legs up and two legs down so he would run a while on one side then flip over to let that side rest and run a while on the other side. He was the fasted foxhound in our part of Kentucky after that.

15. Fla Gal

A great dog indeed! :worship:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

16. wr

Fla Gal, now the wire works fine on your basic collie, heeler and pretty well all of the larger breeds but the fine and delicate flesh of a toy poodle needs a much lighter touch and the ladies at the quilting bees tend to have a nice ecru color that blends in better and they have such great skill and fitting those patches back together with flawless seams.

Ardie, please tell DH that we are technically sane, some of us even have papers from the finest institutions saying that we are fit to be out in public again and we've put our special 'hug me' jackets in the back of our closets :haha:

17. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Amos says he'll be glad to help. He hopes you don't mind if he plays with Froo Froo for a little while when he has him over for din din?

18. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:haha: OMG!! Coffee out the nose indeed shygal! LOL Poor Froo Froo. I can tell that you guys just have no heart at all. I'll bet you pooh-poohed the story of the desert tortoise that made famous run from Anchorage to Nome with that vaccine and saved all of those children too! Shame on you! :waa:

:yeeha: LQ

19. Fla Gal

Well... that explains that!... All I ever had was larger breed dogs. :rolleyes: If I'd known the difference I'd have suggested buying a cub sized stapler for Froo Froo's cuts and wounds.

Nawh..... :no: ..... wait a minute..... I have to back up here. Even a cub sized stapler wouldn't match the nice ecru color or results of such skilled quilting ladies. No way could I replicate their flawless tedious work with such a crude implement.

wr, you mean you actually got to put your 'hug me' jacket in the back of the closet? :eek: Even though I have my papers I feel so insecure without my 'hug me' jacket. What a brave one you are!

20. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey CF, how's the poodle today??

DH thinks we're all a bit mad, but that's okay!