Need help on 2010 john deer ( hydralics)

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by silosounds, Nov 1, 2005.

1. silosounds

silosounds Well-Known Member

I havent used this tractor for about 6 months, and tried it out today and cant get the loader to work. I checked the fluid and it was low so I added more. but it still wont lift. Its just a genral purpose loader and has a new valve to control lift . but Im just not getting any pressure at the valve or at the 3 point or power steering , Which works only on occasion. could the hydrolic pump go bad just sitting or is there a filter plugged some were I dont know about? Id be happy with any ideas.

2. farminghandyman

farminghandyman Well-Known Member Supporter

First I know very little about the 2010, tractor I think i have only used one once,

but i did go the deere parts web site, and looked it up on the parts catalog that is on line,

and there may be, a lever that disingages the hydralic pump if I am looking at the parts break down correctly, (my guess is it may be for cold weather starting), (there is some kind of sliding coupler on the drive of the hydralic pump) but the parts break down did not give information on to where the pump sits, (my guess is in the transmisson housing) or where the control is to the sliding coupler,
    (Do you have operators manual?)
    (or call the John deere dealership and talk to the shop forman)

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Has it worked since the new valve was installed?A pump won't go bad sitting but it could seize and the drive shaft snap when started. A plugged filtre isn't a bad guess either but neither are as likely as a simpler problem like a moved valving lever. I'm not familiar with 2010's either,

4. ace admirer

ace admirer Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm going to guess that your new valve is a closed center valve. just about (all) early jd's used open center hydraulics. need more info on valve and plumbing. do not run engine alot until you find problem..start by cracking the supply line to the valve and starting engine to see if fluid is being pumped by tractor.

5. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

We have a 2010 with a 36 loader. There is indeed a hydraulic cutoff push lever on the left running board. Down is engaged, up is normal. If it is engaged you have no hydraulic pressure at all.

Second thing to check, if the cutout lever is not engaged, is the filter. It’s on the right side, lower transmission case (Has 3 bolts holding on a plate). Bummer here is you loose all the hydraulic fluid doing this procedure. The filter should have a fine wire mesh outer layer with a metal inner. Our outer mesh disintegrated over the years and really clogged up the filter. On top of that the inside of the entire transmission case is painted yellow, so there was a ton of paint flakes in the filter. Bought a new one ($40) and she works great.

6. silosounds

silosounds Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info, I got it fixed it was the lever on the left side under the running board. The lever broke off so I never new it was tucked up under there. The kids got to playing on the tractor and some how kicked it out .
    how new...