Need help! Mini fainting goat

Discussion in 'Goats' started by oberhaslikid, Oct 6, 2005.

1. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

Someone brought to me a miniature fainting doeling.knocking on deaths door, the owner left her to die and told them to trash her when she died.the Doeling hasnt had any water or feed for 3 days as they knew of.She was serverly dehydrated.She had a hazy spot in each eye and layed flat couldnt hold her head up,she had drainage in one eye so bad there was a large patch of the drainage dried under her eye that looked like a scab.I wormed her with Ivermectin paste., I nutra drenched her and ,probios ,she drank water and a few bites of grain.the next day she was given Proibos, and drank even more and ate a few green leaves and grain, she will not stand.There was no use of the legs I gave her 1/2cc of BoSe.The third day I gave her water and grain and nutra drenched her and wormed her again.She is pooping normal and peeing .She stands and uses the back legs.I help her to stand each day using a towel for a sling.Ther is no use what so ever of the front legs they are cold to the touch even.I can prop her up on them then they give out.She stands on her own for a few seconds and then falls flat if i dont catch her with the towel.She now sets up normal like a goat should. I was proping her up for the first three days,If she happens to fall over she wont try to get up she just lays there till I rescue her.her eyes are clear she is eating and pooping and peeing normal .My concern is the No use of the front leggs.Do I give her more BOSe? any suggestion For help She is a miniature I am treating her like a standard kid.thank you!

2. mammawof3

mammawof3 Well-Known Member

While i can't help you with your question-i had to respond-how can anyone just leave an animal too die! 3 days w/out food or water-ect-they need to have their animals taken away from them! :flame: I can think, with all the improvement she has already made for you, that maybe she will just continue to improve daily..we can always hope. I'm sure one of the others will be able to answer yor questions.

3. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd give her some pig paste....its iron and probiotics....it will help build her blood back up....she may also benefit from coccidosis treatment if she wasnt already..Di-Methox

4. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I am so sorry to hear about your poor little goat. I can no believe that someone would just leave her to die! I just can not stand peoplethat don't care about how they treat their animals! By the way I will be praying for you and your little goat tonight. Sure hope that she gets better. Bye.

5. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

I understand and want you to know that as soon as the owner gets back from being out of town. They are gonna have a visitor,Its all underway as we speak. All I know is all the rest of the mini goats have all died and this was the last one and was left to die and be disposed of.By the care taker NOT the owner. She was rescued to keep her from dieing by the caretaker.

6. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

That's so sad. To believe that they left all of their goats in the hands of a person who did not care, that is purely irresponsible. I hope that the little one gets well soon. By the way what do you have planned for the ex-owner?