Need help finding feed sacks

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by frog1437, Nov 13, 2005.

1. frog1437

frog1437 Well-Known Member

I have a guy willing to sell me corn from his silo for 2.00 a 50.. Sounds like a pretty good price but I need to locate a source for feed bags... Those nylon ones that places use for deer corn would be great... I could go and get it in the drums but handling them when i get home would be a chore...

2. .netDude

.netDude Well-Known Member

where are you located and how many are you looking for?

3. frog1437

frog1437 Well-Known Member

I am located in Rockwell N.C...It is about 45 miles north of Charlotte. I would probably buy 50 - 100 I guess...

4. djuhnke

djuhnke Well-Known Member

look at a menards or lowes for the cheap plastic garbage cans. They hold about 2- 2.5 bushels of corn and on sales are $5-10 but last forever and also act as storage protection from moisture. Might want to look also for a grainery as $2 doesn't seem that cheap. I just got 3 weeks ago $1.70 per bushel of corn (its harvesting time) or you can look around and buy in the field right from the farmer cash ont he spot(bring a pickup)

5. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Agri Supply at 1 800 345 0169 sells burlap sacks and they are located in Garner, Greenville and Lumberton North Carolina.

6. Siryet

Siryet In Remembrance

We buy aur sacks at the local fee mill about 30 cents each, we reuse them about four times.

7. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

I buy alfalfa pellets by the ton in 50-lb sacks of woven plastic-like material. The edges are turned and sewn. Needless to say, I have PLENTY of them hanging around. Wish you were closer, I'd give them to you. Does anyone in the Seattle area need some? Got lots, and I hate to throw them away.

8. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Well-Known Member

I have a stack of white plastic grain 100 pound bags. Have no idea how many but they've only had corn or oats in them. they could be shipped, but my guess is you might find a local souce cheaper than shipping would be

9. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

Laura, our feed store gives us a credit when we return them. I think they are .10 or something. The kids collect them for swimming money in the summer.
    www.geocities.com/gonzalesshowpigs

10. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Well-Known Member

They no longer do that around here due to too many people slipping dirty or damaged sacks back into the pile

11. Teacupliz

Teacupliz Well-Known Member

If you were closer I would give you the ones I do need. Liz in NY

12. milkinpigs

milkinpigs Dairy/Hog Farmer

Gempler's inc. has burlap or woven plastic of all sizes most feed stores have paper sacks lying around keep them dry and they work just as well