Need fast answer! Setup of Doublewide

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Oldotaku, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Oldotaku

Oldotaku Member

Hello everyone

I have a line on a doublewide office trailer on Ebay for $5000, plus $5500 for delivery (it's 425 miles away). Problem is, the shipper can bring the doublewide to me, but his setup crew is in Katrina/Rita country, so he can't complete the setup. Is it possible for one guy to setup a doublewide on concrete block piers, or would I have to hire a crew to do the job? If I have to hire, what would be the approximate cost of the setup? The auction has less than 2 hours left to run! Thanks for the help.

2. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

Call one of the local dealers that does set ups! Ask how much to set up a doublewide-say you got it from a friend or something.

The cost in your area would be much different than other parts of the country so try locally first so there's no big surprises.

Good luck, I don't know anything about setting one up so this is all the advice I have for you!! :)

3. DrippingSprings

DrippingSprings In Remembrance

In my area 2000 will get you comlete setup with tiedowns and underpinning.

I have set up two doubles by myself in two days for one and three the other. Not much too it as fast stacking and leveling blocks etc You can rent a tool that puts the tie down augers in the ground for 50 dollar.

4. Oldotaku

Oldotaku Member

Many thanks for your quick responses. I think what I'll do is let it go for right now, and see if the seller reduces his price on relisting. I'll have to see what the locals want for setup.