Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all! Newbie here as well!

I've only made soap once, and it was an AMAZING thing, that it even turned out usable! LOL!!!

The family loved it, but it's gone now... and I've been reading and thinking and I want to try to do some more soap.

I'm still deficient in my tool department (no scale, or handy mixers) ... but I would like to have some ideas on what to make with what I have when I get there. Here's a list of what ingredients I have...

(around house)
water
goat's milk
lye
lard
olive oil
canola oil

(growing in garden)
~cinnamon basil
~thyme or sage (sad... but I'm not sure which one it is)
~dandelion
~catnip
~oregano
~parsley
~sun flower

(growing in yard that I recognize and is possibly usable)
~chickweed
~jewel weed
~sassafras ???

Alrighty... what fun things can I make with this, and what purpose would it be good for? ^_^

Also... if somebody could send me an emmergency jewelweed/goat's milk soap bar... I would sure appreciate it. We've been doing fences and my husband has a TERRIBLE poison ivy rash! He's been suffering something fierce!!!!!
Let me know what ya want for it! ^_^ I need it YESTERDAY!

Thanks all for the ideas and such!!!!

Cricket

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you have Jewel Weed in your yard, why haven't you applied it to your husband's poison ivy? I ran a search and the 'how to's' are at several of the linked websites:

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&pwst=1&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=JewelWeed+Poultice&spell=1[/ame]

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... I thought I found it... only going by internet pictures here, and applied it to him. Didn't seem to work. I found it about a year ago, and it worked, so I "thought" I knew what it looked like. UGH!
I'm just not 100% sure on it, and would just like to get some soap that actually has it.

I'll do a google to order some soap.

Cricket

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.