Need a link for angora colors

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by BeesNBunnies, Aug 21, 2005.

1. BeesNBunnies

BeesNBunnies Schnauzer nut

Everybody telling about what color angoras they have got me to wanting to see some of these neat colors. I know what colors I have because it says it on their pedigrees. Also I'm going to be going to check out some angoras for sale. She sent me a list of the colors she had available but I just don't know what a 'tort' etc looks like. Can something provide me with a link that would show different colors of angoras? Thanks!

2. DMC_OH

DMC_OH Well-Known Member

In the ARBA Standard of Perfection book.
    "A Tort (Tortoiseshell) Mask, ears, feet, and tail are to be brownish black or dark smoke. Wool is to be dark fawn over the back , shading to smoky color on flanks, haunches, and belly. May carrie some black ticking in fawn areas and may have lap spots Eyes- Brown"
    Acutally I have a friend who has some torts for sale now with a picture her website is http://www.somerhillfarm.com/FrenchAngoraSalesPage.html

3. decamper

decamper Well-Known Member

I have four German-French angora rabbits that I've been trying to sell. I'm new with the angoras so I've been saying the colors are yellow-2, wild bunny brown, and charcoal. Guess I should be calling it sage, chocolate, and chesnut??
    Thanks for the link. :)

4. bill not in oh

bill not in oh Well-Known Member

Kim, you like that one??? I'll keep postin' them 'till you decide it's worth a trip.....

[​IMG]

5. sheep tamer

sheep tamer former HT member

Ooooh the temptation! (drooling smilie here)

6. BeesNBunnies

BeesNBunnies Schnauzer nut

Where are you located? I might be able to put you in touch with some folks that have angoras.