Neece-Leville alternator

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by danb98577, Oct 5, 2006.

1. danb98577

danb98577 Well-Known Member

Well, here I am, stunned yet again by the inept folk on the planet trying to fix things they obviously do not understand.
    To the point-went into a Case 450 crawler this morning to check no charging condition. Yup, no charge. Brush box style alternator. Opened up the brush box and found some moron had slammed the assembly into place at some time in past and broke the innermost brush holder. Tried the local parts houses and was informed by NAPA parts fellow that Neece now owns Motorcraft and Prestolite and disposed of all their old parts and bits. Brush holder no longer available, in short.
    Just curious if any of you have one of these critters lying about? The Neece-Leville alternator number is ALK 7314 3G . Many thanks for any help.

Dan

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Well I have one that has A broken Dog ear. It was New About 6 years ago only used 2 months ,Came off of A 1994 frtlnr. 135 amp. I paid $400.00 for it. Talk to me. if you can't find one let me know..

3. danb98577

danb98577 Well-Known Member

Thanks-I stopped by a local by a heavy equip shop last evening and am going back today to prowel through their pile of cores and junk. Looks promising, but I may be in touch. Appreciate the response.