Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Interesting, wonder what he cut them with? A jig saw would take forever. Sawzall would not flex adequately. Torch would be much rougher, ect. Maybe torched and then ground?

A plasma cutter appears to be the answer.

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he used a plasma but a persistent patient person could accomplish the cut with a jig saw if he drilled some starter holes. By the time a person ground the roughness off from a torched tank, the sawing may be faster. One of the projects is using a 100 lb. propane tank, the others are either propane tanks or air compressor tanks IMO. I think I will make one of these as a fire pit substitute.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I would vote plasma blaster, those are some inticate designs.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have seen some very clean cuts with a gas torch using the proper tip and the proper gas mix that some would swear was ground off or some other means was used to cut..... artists are persnickety type folks and they tend to have a knack for perfection where the rest of the workforce are more inclined to just get the job cut and then NEXT!

I was wondering if his great bowl of fire was an old nose cone from a rock crusher or something bigger, not much information on the type of metal he is using to start with..... or I missed something.

William

1 - 6 of 6 Posts