NE Ohio - Kent State Folk Festival 11/18

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Mike in Ohio, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

Just wanted to post for those interested. The FREE Kent State Folk Festival workshops will be held on Saturday November 18th from noon till 5 pm. The evening concert (not free) looks to be good as well.

Here is a link for those interested. http://www.kentstatefolkfestival.org/festival/06_11_18_2.htm

If you decide to go, stop by and say hello to DW and myself. As in years past we will be selling honey across from where they sell the CDs of the various musicians.

I do plan on taking the time to go to the mandolin workshop. Maybe I'll learn enough so that folks won't make fun of me the next time ZYG has a get together <G>.

Mike

2. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

Hi Mike! We will probably stop by that weekend if it isn't snowing! We will certainly come and see you while we are there. I'd really like to go to the Zydeco workshop later that afternoon. The Bearfoot bluegrass one right after mandolin looks good too. If you guys are going to pass by the house on the way home, you're welcome to stop by. I'll load you up with eggs to take home! :)

3. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

meh... I have a 4 hour training workshop for Reformers Unanimous at our church so I won't be able to make it. I wanted to attend this year too.

And YES you better get to work on the mandolin!!!!

4. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

On Campus or the Stadium?? How about Mikes reasteraunt for A dinner?? The X wing fighter is A nice touch. Have A nice time.

5. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

It's in the student center. DW and I are planning on going to the concert at the Kent Stage afterwards.

6. MelissaW

Have you been there since they built the castle on to the back? There is no place quite like Mike's Place! For anyone passing through who decides to stop there, give yourself an extra half hour to read the giant menu.

7. seedspreader

It's been years since I've been to Mikes. Hmmm, castle... I may have to take a trip.

8. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Last time I was At mikes was in April of this year, And then theres All of the good food too. I hope to get back up that way in A few weeks .

9. seedspreader

My Mom and Dad were just down in Laredo yesterday. They just got a load back to Indiana from that area. Funny how driving takes you to so many areas ain't it James? LOL.

10. MelissaW

If either of you fellas decide to go to Mike's, zap us an e-mail if you'd like some company! As a matter of fact, I think the castle is a party room. We could always reserve it for a Buckeye get together some time!