Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AppleJackCreek
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave this a shot the other night (on the wheel), and ended up with very lumpy weird looking yarn.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong ... :help:

I'm fine with plying together two strands from bobbins A and B onto bobbin C, for instance, but I think I'm missing something to do with the "chaining" part of Navajo plying. I don't crochet, maybe that's why I'm getting stuck - the instructions I read say "make chains like you are doing crochet" ... which is helping me not at all!

You guys are a brilliant and patient lot :angel: ... can you coach me through this? :)

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
good video! I know how to crochet but the time I tried navajo plying I wasn't doing that way

probably why it didn't look right and I've never done it again!!

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,514 Posts
Also if your singles aren't pretty thin the join areas will come out looking far lumpier (is that a word?) than if they were fairly thin, as in fingering weight or thinner.

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
I have tried Navajo plying and I don't like that little bump that you get when you bring a new loop through to spin. I annoys me. I don't believe that you can avoid it, so I don't use that technique. I tried it a couple of times and decided it wasn't for me. YMMV

donsgal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.