Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
A Naturopatic Doctor is not a medical doctor and as of the time i was researching the programs a few years ago was only recognized in twelve states. Naturopatic medicine consists of diet and herbal therapy, homeopathy (no such degree as Dr in homeopathy in the US), some spinal adjustments similar to chiropractic, and other modalities of holistic health. Most naturopathic practitioners go to fake schools and get certificates since it is not regulaited in all states. So make sure the practitioner you are considering has an authentic degree from a four year program.
A holistic practitioner can be either a MD or a DO, or a nurse practitioner or physicians assistant that takes a whole body approach to healing instead of the traditional allopathic approach. I suppose a DC, Doctor of Chiropractic, could advertise themselves as a holistic practitioner but since chiropractic takes a holistic approach to begin with its a bit redundant. I am not sure if there is any regulations regarding using the term holistic practitioner as a credential but there are some univeresity medical centers that offer post graduat certifications in holistic health care.
I know this esoteric information because before I hit financial dire straits a while ago I was going to school to become a nurse and felt like a hypocrite so I made the biggest mistake of my life and dropped out and begin researching how to become a DC or ND.
Oh whoops my train of thought just derailed... Hope some of that answered your question:)

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! I did find Holistic Practioners who are Dr's. I think; they will take my ins. Will call tomorrow. What does Integrative Medicine, actually mean?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Integrative medicine is The combination of different healing techniques to treat the root cause of a persons symptoms from a holistic perspective. So say you have neck pain, instead of prescribing pain mess the Dr would likely recommend different yoga like stretches to relax the muscles, advise different changes in diet to perhaps increase magnesium and calcium as well as making recommendations to a chiro or an acupuncturist. Some Medical Doctors have gone on to become licensed in alternative modes of healing others make referrals which will hopefully be covered by your insurance. :D kiddo had to click on a smile face, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts