national home garden club

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by stumpyacres, May 23, 2005.

1. stumpyacres

stumpyacres Well-Known Member

Anyone a member? Ever get to test stuff?

2. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Well-Known Member

I was a member for a year. 12 months. I paid for 18 months,but only got 12. My test product showed up about a month before my subscription ended. It was a set of plant shears, just like the ones I got in my introductory package for joining, and they are cheap!!! Also they send you books to look at and buy if needed. I sent mine back and fought them about the return for months. They said they never got it. I used threir return lable and origional box.
    One up side is the other members, they are full of knowledge and kind. The boards are great. I had many good seed trades with them. Just watch the Club. shadowwalker

3. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I was a member for a year too. I thought it was a bunch of crap. I never got any test products (if I remember correctly, you had to sign up for them, which I always did) and the info in the magazine was very basic, in my opinion. I think it is geared for town people.

4. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Yea, too much about flowers, IMO. I like "useful" plants, lol. Flowers are ok too, but it took up too much space in their magazines. I hated the stupid books they sent. When I joined they had said that they would pay shipping to return any books they sent, which they did at first. However, after a while, they started sending labels that required me to add postage to send them back. Then there was the book that they never got back. :bash: They were threatening to hang me by my toes over that one, LOL. I did get several test products, however, but nothing great. Seeds, ect. I did once get some of that serenade solutions stuff from gardensalive. That stuff is worth about $25 per pound, and good stuff. I didn't need it at the time though. I wish I still had it, I don't know what ever happened to it.

5. momofmany

momofmany Dayenu farms

colo-Dado! As my enthusiatic 4 yo calls it.
    One year member too. No testing..stupid book...no useful info.
    The national cook club deal is the exact same mess!