Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PC (Win 7 dell Inspirion) has become infected w/ Trojan Comrerop, shuts down Malwarebytes & SuperAntispyware... Currently running a scan on(newly installed) Microsoft Security Essentials... Any ideas are welcome! :grit::grit:

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean, you were running Avast when the computer got infected? How often do you run Avast's Boot-Time Scan?
Yes & no clue what that is, just ran Full scan. Spyhunter ran all night long but after finally finishing, it wanted me to buy it which isn't an option, have to save money to drive to Shriners next week. Going to try to go to library & load an antivirus on my sub stick, see if that works, this is one NASTY virus.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I switched from a paid version of Avast to the trial of Emsisoft Internet Security because of a bug. Solved the problem after a 20m. scan.
BTW, "Spy Hunter" is malware.
You should use 'Revo uninstaller' a free program, to get every last trace of it out of your system.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I got trovi as a come along johnny with some from chrome. It has affected even my air card. The site I found recommending programs to do the job are endorsed by MS. It will take about 4 hours if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
The techs at www.bleepingcomputer.com can fix darn near any problem you have. Very good website. May take them a while to get around to you but eventually they will.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Combofix from Bleeping Computer.. .One of the best removers out there.. works on just about any root kit out there too..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

I used to do this stuff for a living, and it was always my GOTO tool first... I can't think of any time it didn't do the trick.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Well.. what I consider the BEST tool out there to fix a computer with, is a Linux install disk.. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts