Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing this thread should go here...

As we have driven around countrysides looking at property, I have noticed folks have named their parcels. So I was just wondering...

What names yall have given to your slices of heaven?

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
"Campo Sol" named for our most abundant resource :) We have a huge concrete half sun with rays at our entrance. That sucker took us months of back - breaking work but it is a sight to see.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
The Big Rockpile,what else :haha:

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Hickahala Ranch

The north property line of our 96 acres runs down the middle of the Hickahala Creek. Plus, we have horses (or will if hubby ever gets the fences built...the horses are currently boarded elsewhere) so hubby says we're a ranch, not a farm.

·
Registered
118 Posts
been thinking about sassafrass flat for the ridge where my hunting cabin is.
onaccounta it's full of sassafras trees and it's flat (at least in that spot). :D

U

·
0 Posts
Wonderful names!

We've been toying with some names (for when we get there) ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Night Owl Ranch
To explain why I am wandering around outside at midnight, filling waters and raking and whatever other tasks I didn't get to during "normal" hours.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
We call our place Felfoot as a fel or fell is Celtic for mountain and we are at the foot of our mountain.

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
After much thought and going back and forth--We ended up with the 5T Ranch --DH wanted to name it "Peice of Nothing Farm". When we purchased it, all the barns, builds were falling down, copperheads were the main thing that grew here and there were cuckoburrs and morning glories everywhere... Not much of nothing!!! But I wanted something else.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
We have 18 acres of LAND that has frontage on a secluded, wooded COVE of a 1500 acre lake. Thus.....Terra Cove.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts