Names for 2005

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Tracy in Idaho, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, the letter for ADGA next year is "V" .......

so what plans have you for your kids on the way? Are you going to follow the trend and start their names with a V? I shudder to think how many Victors, Victory, and Victorias there are going to be! LOL

Tracy

2. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

of course Violet, Violet Rose (Rose for short-hate mixing up my violets) and Violia, Vanessa and Van, verdant, victoria, Vahdet, Vakarli, Vasi, Vatani, Veli, Vezir, Volkan, Vural, Veliaht, Vahit, Vedat, Vefa,...how's that for a start!

V's are not hard to find...of course pronuncing them can be a bit tough.
    :haha:

3. trickham

trickham Well-Known Member

And Vilhelm and Vladimir.

Boy am I glad the ABGA is only on T! :haha: But that means we get V next year. :rolleyes:

Nick

4. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

I didn't have any trouble finding "V" names, what I didn't include is their meanings...

Vikramjit, vankatesh, Vinpreet, vandeep, vamaldeep, vimran, verinder, Vachanpal, Vicpal, Virpal, vamanpal, Visheshpal, Vipakashpal, Veerpal
    Val, Valerie, Venus, Vera, Verna, Veronica, Veronique, Vicki, Vilma, Virginia, Vivien, VENETTA, VANNA, VASHTI,
    Val, Van, Vance, Vaughan, Victor, Vince, Vincent, Virgil, VAIL (English) Valley
    VALDEMAR, VALENTINE , VANCE, VANDYKE, VANYA, VAUGHN, VERNON, VILMOS,
    VITO, VLADIMIR, VOLKER,

Valda, Valeda, Valencia, Valor, Vania, Vara , Veda, Vedette, Veleda, Venitia, Verda, Veronica, Vidette,
    Vita, Voletta,

Look up "baby names starting with a V"

5. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

I never thought of that.. :haha: during the year, when I hear an interesting name or word, I write it down in my little name book, which sometimes I use and sometimes I don't.. Usually the kid tells me what his/her name is and I go from there.. :cool:

6. trickham

trickham Well-Known Member

7. Tracy in Idaho

The only V name I think we are going to have will be Voldemort ;)

Tracy

8. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Hey Nick, I stink at naming too! hence the little book.. I've even taken it to the barn and read the names to the kids to see which one they liked.. that's if they haven't already told me what they wanted..

An Tracy, Voldemort, for girls and boys?? what if you hav more than one?? lol...

Such an exciting time of the year!!

9. Tracy in Idaho

LOL, well, I will likely only keep one boy....he will be the lucky receipient :)

I can't find my list of Harry Potter names we had left over...argggg. Must find that.

I only remember one we had left over -- Pepper Imp. I know there were a lot more. Maybe I'll move on to magical creatures this year. Hmmm.

Tracy

10. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

I am throwing the handbook out the window :haha: . I am going with what ever names suit the kids :p .

MotherClucker

11. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

ah the kids!

yes..well....

diablo blanco! ??!!! DIABLO BLANCO!!!! white devil? oh brother!

I thought that was bad...then they named a little doe..Cocaine! COCAINE????? cause she was all black, blue eyes and white speckles on her nose. Cokedup for short! :no: I called her cookie.

Then there is Burrito GoatSkin Coat. I bet you can't tell what he was targeted for!

Odiferous..Odie for short!

These are just some of the names they come up with!

ummm no, the kids do not get to choose anymore!

I am very careful about names...they could become a self fulling Prophecy!

12. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

I don't name like that either, I use family names.

Starts with D.
    My candy line.
    My Indian names line.
    Starts with B.
    My royality line (queeie, princess etc).

It's alot eaiser for me to know instantly by the does name who she is out of, on one line, my F line, I can tell you who she is out of for about 7 generations.

A friend of mines daughter has (and she is an adult now) all her Nubians with M names, I mean 17 years of Nubians with M names! That's just plain crazy :) Vicki

13. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Vicki, I like your idea about naming by lines. I'll have to think about that one for a while. (Kinder goats aren't ADGA, so I am not worried about finding V names!)

Kathleen

14. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

Vivid, Vanilla, Vavoom, Velvet, Vitamin, Vogue, Vodka, Voodoo, Vamoose, and Viva Las Vegas were on my "v" list.

I really missed out on last year's "T". Only got a Trixie. But my dear sister is using her influence as my relief milker to get me to name a 2005 doeling Tomato.

15. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

Nope. I like doing my own thing when it comes to names. I named a couple of my boer twin does Zsa Zsa Ga Boer and Eva Ga Boer.

16. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

much like naming a boerdoe (ya gotta be a wine drinker)

17. Galloping Goats

Galloping Goats Active Member

Two of ours are named lily and layla, my daughter wants to name one of the spring kids lola. I said noway. I already sound like I'm stuttering trying to get the first 2 l's right. :p I went to a dog name site and picked out some names that I like that go well with my herd name and wrote them in a book so that when kidding time comes I will be prepared. I also thought about using old movie star or rocker names. I Don't want to go with the letter trend, to common.

18. Tracy in Idaho

I thought about doing family names, but decided I'd get bored <G> I have a short attention span :haha:

I think we'll keep up the Harry Potter tradition this year. Last year it was candy, this year it may be a little of everything. I have a few I really want to use tho:

Pepper Imp
    Veela
    Voldemort
    Canary Cream
    Lemon Sherbert
    Morgana
    Sphinx
    Aconite
    Imperious
    Incendio
    Magical Me
    Patronus
    Asphodel
    Obliviate
    Quibbler
    Sorceress
    Nagini
    Firenze
    Imperio

Okay, that's more than a few. <G> Obsessed, I am....

Tracy