Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Too hard. And we might have a slap fight but whatever.
Gunmonkey, HDRider, No Really, Woodcuttersdaughter, Robin, wr, JeffreyD, mreynolds.
Mostly people who disagree with me a lot. Keeps it interesting.
HDrider and Mreyonlds are good people. On a lighter note never cut up jalapeno poppers and rub your eyes. I just did that!!!

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I couldn't pick just three. If somebody wants my cell number just send me a pm. Every human smuggler I ever met has it, so why shouldn't I give it to a forum member. The smugglers used to give me tips about their competition all the time.
If I ever need to get smuggled out of here I will send you my number... Really not going to happen. I'm good with where I live...

·
Premium Member
8,484 Posts
I read this like all the Washington D.C. insiders read the latest tell-all scandal book---go to the back page index to see if my name is mentioned. I did, it wasn't, I'm relieved. Back to the garden. No need to read any further.

:(

geo

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Please explain this in greater detail for us. Have you met any human smugglers? If so, how many? And why would they have your number?
Whenever I caught a smuggler, I would try to turn them into a informant. The human smugglers were often in competition with the drug smugglers. They were either from a different cartel, or if they were in the same cartel, the human smuggler would rat out a drug smuggler to create a chance for promotion up the ranks. The drug smugglers used the most direct trails through the desert, and they guarded these trails. The trails used by the human smugglers attracted the most attention from Border Patrol, and law enforcement in general. So the drug smugglers didn't want the human smugglers using their trails.

I don't know how many I have used over the years, probably two dozen. I would give them my cell number so they could call me direct, sometimes you only had an hour or so to react to intelligence. Sometimes the human smugglers would call and tell me if their was a body along a certain trail. Between the border and I-8 in Arizona one or two people die every day, 365 days a year.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
Lots of interesting people on here as well as lots of knowledge to share. Also a way to see what people are really thinking as long as you do not just follow those who follow your party line. And you can learn from all points of view.

I think we already do pick out the people we would actually like to talk to when we go to their posts regularly. And of course there are people who are more interesting and knowledgeable about certain subjects so it really would be difficult to just pick 3 for all the subjects on this site..

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Lots of interesting people on here as well as lots of knowledge to share. Also a way to see what people are really thinking as long as you do not just follow those who follow your party line. And you can learn from all points of view.

I think we already do pick out the people we would actually like to talk to when we go to their posts regularly. And of course there are people who are more interesting and knowledgeable about certain subjects so it really would be difficult to just pick 3 for all the subjects on this site..
Since you put it that way, I would love to go bend nails with @melli. I think we could really build something great.

·
Premium Member
6,002 Posts
HDrider and Mreyonlds are good people. On a lighter note never cut up jalapeno poppers and rub your eyes. I just did that!!!
There are other places you shouldn't touch either

·
Premium Member
27,936 Posts
I read this like all the Washington D.C. insiders read the latest tell-all scandal book---go to the back page index to see if my name is mentioned. I did, it wasn't, I'm relieved. Back to the garden. No need to read any further.

:(

geo
Me too but that's okay. To steal a line from a movie, sooner or late I rub everyone the wrong way.

I sure would love to meet a lot of you in a little pot-luck cookout.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts