name this weed, and more....

Discussion in 'Plant and Tree Identification' started by bonnie lass, Jul 25, 2005.

1. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

I was in the yard yesterday taking pictures of my beloved weeds :rolleyes: and something the size of a bird whizzed by my face. I could scarcely believe my eyes. It whizzed by several times more, but never slow enough for me to get a good shot. After several go-rounds, I just aimed my camera in the general direction and shot, never dreaming that I would get a good picture. Well, my jaw dropped when I down-loaded this. I hesitate to post it, I don't want to offend anyone, but if you would like to see two large dragon flies "frolicking" :p , click this link. Oh yeah, bonus points if you can identify the weed to the right :goodjob: .

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1131/dragon13js.jpg

Here's a close up:

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/8117/dragon22wo.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

2. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

Bonnie Lass, those are just amazing! I'm sure I've never seen a picture of dragonflies mating in mid-air. Spectacular shot!

The weed looks like pokeweed.

3. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

I would not be surprised if a science site would not love to have copies of those photos....

And the photo has a plant in it.........

Angie

4. Wildcrofthollow

Wildcrofthollow Well-Known Member

5. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

Yeah, I thought it was way cool too. If anyone would like to have or use that picture, feel free. And yup, that's poke.