Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remember the name of a movie, I know someone can help.
I thought it was Jerimiah Johnson with Robert Redford, but it wasn't.

Ok, it is set in the same time period - wilderness & mountain men. A group is going across the mountains, I think they may be pulling a ship. One of them gets mauled by a bear. The group leaves him to die. But he survives and starts to track them down. The Indians are scared of him because he has survived the bear attack. At the end he comes upon the group and they are under attack from the Indians, and he walks right into the middle of the battle.

Name that movie! Please.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like the right one.
I knew someone could help.
Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,153 Posts
Mrs. Oz probably has the right movie.

But, your description got me to thinking of another story that is hidden back in my memory. It's the story of some ship's captain that hires a crew to drag his sailing ship across the Great Plains to the West. It had a cannon or two mounted on the ship and when the Indians attacked they fired off the cannons and scared them away. I believe it's a true story. Has anyone else heard of this. I want to think that I read this story (James A. Michener, Louis L'Amore?) rather than seen it in a movie.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thanks, WIHH. They are instant watch so I am hoping dh wants to check them out tomorrow night. I will check out the other Harris movies since you recommend them. I actually hadn't heard of him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts