Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Right after we had our pond dug I planted bermudagrass on the banks and made a "drag" out of a metal fence post and some chain. Attached it to the riding lawn mower and drove over the seeded areas to cover the seed. Guess it worked well because we got a good stand.
Converted an old non-running freezer into a storage place for chicken feed and things I use to clean the chicken coop and feeders. It's out close to the coop, near some trees, so I spray-painted it camouflage colors so it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. :D
Built 2 compost bins from pallets. Planted potato slips in hay inside of old tires.
Made a garden bench from 2 big stumps and scrap lumber. Built 2 chicken tractors out of scrap lumber and chicken wire. Made an old cast iron barbeque pit base into a planter.
My next project will be turning an old camper top for a truck into a mini-green house. I'm going to cut 2 large areas out of the top and install plexi-glass then raise it up on 4 x 4's (based in cement). Put scrap lumber siding about half-way up and cover the rest of the space with clear plastic which will be easy to replace as it deteriorates. Put in a gravel floor and build 2 potting benches inside. I need to scounge up a used door somewhere. Any tips on accomplishing this will be highly appreciated. :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.