Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a name for a Border Collie. The last one I had (died)was Punkin and that's a no! Thing dog is nameless right now!!! HELP!!!!!:help::help::help: with her name.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is there something unique in her personility or appearance? I named my dog Shaggy because his hair sticks out everywhere. We had a rat terrier named Miss Marble because when she curled up to sleep that was what she looked like.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
My grandparents had 2 many years ago , one was Agnes the other was nickanmed Bug (short for a bad british word, noone could remeber his name after he was given the nickname cause he was a right Bug***!) My favorite 2 BC clients are names Emma and Sheba

·
Trainer of kids, dogs and horses...fears nothing
8,598 Posts
One of our borders is Baxter ("bax" when he's working since working dogs should have a single syllable name). Another is "Trish."
We've also had "Max" and "Beau"

We try to go kind of unique since our dogs often work with other peoples' dogs.

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
I think BC's should have short crisp-sounding names. My girl's named Pip.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
tess, fen, nell, bracken, ivy. I like simple names that sound don't sound anything like the words they will be expected to know. I also try to stay away from names that sound similar to dogs I already have. Try googling border collie names too. I think there's a big list of them somewhere. I like Pip, that's a good name.
My girls names are . Rhys, Dell, Kue, Dee, and Hannah

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Google "border collie names" and you'll finds tons of good suggestions. We got a new BC two months ago; wife is training him to be an agility dog. His name is Journey. I thought it was weird at first but it's grown on me.

No, she's not a fan of the band.

·
Banned
2,113 Posts
"Panda" is one of mine, appropriate because of his white face. ("Scout" is the other, named that simply because I was in the process of reading - for the umpteenth time - "To Kill a Mockingbird" when we got her.)

Janis

·
Premium Member
21,491 Posts
Here's my "Jip"

Sorry, I just posted this photo elsewhere and I couldn't resist posting it again! I love this picture of him, fresh out of the river with his pal, "Duckie".

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
I had one named Bonnie.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
How about Wrangler
We had one once that i named wrangler, because he was a heard dog and i happen to have a thing for jeeps :goodjob:

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Shep or Jack

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Lisa, your BC is beautiful! Border Collies are my favorite breed. Our BC was named Huck. Sadly, he died of cancer at age three a little over three years ago. I still can't talk about him without crying. BCs are very special dogs.

A picture and description of her personality would help. I truly believe a dog will respond to the right name. All our pets are given Irish names now...names that fit them. Hubby and I go to this website www.babynamesofireland.com/index.html and go down the list of the names until we find one that the dog responds to, or one that describes something about the dog ( like our dog Darcy...Darcy means "little dark one" and she is a small black dog).

1 - 20 of 49 Posts