Nais

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by heidith, Dec 9, 2005.

1. heidith

heidith Well-Known Member

Hi folks,
    I know this has been discussed a bit here but I found this online today and thought some NY state residents would be interested.

http://www.agmkt.state.ny.us/AD/release.asp?ReleaseID=1461

Please note; the intention of the state is to have all animals tagged by March, 2006. In addition, in other states people are required to submit their addresses in order to be tracked through a GPS program. One that operates in REAL TIME and can observe your property...and any animals you have on it.

Heidi in NY

2. edcopp

edcopp Well-Known Member

The story says "where possible".

March 2006 is three months away. You would be doing very well to get any government to even open the mail in three months. :(

3. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

watch your property in real time your to late they have been able to do that for some time

4. heidith

heidith Well-Known Member

Nonetheless, I think this is something worth educating ourselves about. I'm sure that there are people out there, perhaps even on these forums, who are unaware of the fact that the government can watch your property in real time. And who are unaware that legislation is being passed that has some bearing on their lives and about which they were not consulted. And who might be a bit interested in how the government plans to track an individual's purchases in order to determine whether they have unregistered animals living on their property. These are important issues.
    How much government are we going to be willing to allow into our personal space, anyway?
    Heidi in NY

5. mrs.H

mrs.H Romans 8:28

I did a search of TN.gov to see what they were up to because that is where we plan to move the summer of 2007. They aren't on the same time frame(thank goodness) I will have plenty of time to thuraly (sp) investigate weather or not I will comply or not.

But I get the feeling that our government are tuning into "The Borg" You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile!" Registration of premises and individual animals will become mandatory January 2008. Reporting of individual animal movement will become mandatory January 2009. http://tennessee.gov/agriculture/tpis/

As it stands right now, they can kiss my chicken butt!

Of cours Talk is cheap at this point. We'll see what I say if the police show up with a warrant for my criminal chickens. :lonergr:

6. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

I'll quote myself from an earlier thread:

"If you aren't selling the stuff commercially to a large corporate slaughterhouse tell Big Brother to suck it long and hard.

I'd like to think that one of these days the American people will actually stand up and jab the ice pick of Liberty through the eye socket of Big Brother when he decides to rape them in the name of their safety rather than just passively bending over and presenting for him.

I'm just a little disgusted and cynical today."