NAIS, Freedom of Information Act

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by kesoaps, May 28, 2006.

1. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Posted on the WA stop nais list:

2. Arklady

Arklady Well-Known Member

I just love it when lies are uncovered... May the liar beware!

Arklady

3. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Awesome work Kesoaps. Thanks for all your efforts!

4. Qwispea

Qwispea Well-Known Member

Interesting to learn about all those associations who are willing to cooperate with the NAIS.

But..some will disagree.

5. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

and who would dissagree?
    could you expound on that who would dissagree that it is interesting that all those ass. are stabbing people in the back.?

6. Qwispea

I might happily "expound"..except I find that your question is so jumbled so as to be non-understandable. Perhaps you're just tired..or maybe I am..but exactly what it is you are asking?

Will you please rephrase your question so that it is understandable?

7. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Why would some dissagree? and who are the people here learning about it that are dissagreeing? or have they just not shown up on this thread yet?

8. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

I know several Backcountry Horsemen members who are just in shock. One lady on the WA stopnais site is trying to track down just who might have signed this and why - and if they even knew what it was they were signing.

I personally know a couple of other people who are just dumbfounded that the Farm Bureau is backing NAIS, and has been from the start.

This info just comes like a sucker punch. You belong to these various farming or animal organizations thinking they are looking out for your best interest. Invest lots of time and money supporting these organizations. Only to find out they stabbed you in the back and lied about it to your face.

So, to answer your question Jnap. Some of the people disagreeing just can't wrap their minds around this yet. There are others that fully support NAIS and can't understand why anyone would be against it. When Kesoaps and I were manning the booth at the BLM auction last weekend, a couple of people came by wondering what organization we were with. They just couldn't quite grasp that we're just a bunch of small time farmers paying hotel bills and scrounging booth fees on our own. Nobody else is speaking for us. The big farming and animal organizations are backing NAIS, and have been from the beginning.

9. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Why dont you ask for donations here? just get permission from Chuck first or make a website like the raging grannies did, you should not have to scrounge for booth fees to try and do something to save our way of life. I am sure many folks would be happy to help support your endeavors.

10. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

Donations were asked for at the WA Stop Nais yahoo list. The "bunch of small time farmers" I was referring to is the group on the Yahoo list. We're all just on our own fighting this thing.

11. Qwispea

I'm sorry..but I think you misunderstood my first post in this topic.

As I'm sure you are aware..most homesteaders are not in favor of NAIS. When I said "some will disagree"..I was referring to all these homesteaders who are adamantly opposed to the NAIS.
    And as usual..I am right! Wouldn't you agree?

12. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Jnap, we asked for donations on a number of sites.

What is interesting to me is how many people are willing to whine, and very few are willing to lift a hand. We had one gentleman who picked up the bulk of the tab for the booth fee, but not much else came in, so Jen and I handled the room and gas on our own. Hey, we're not complaining; it was worth it! But we also asked for people to come and help man the booth, but ended up with just one other person who is a resident of the city we were in.

As Jen stated, many folks are feeling like they've been stabbed in the back, especially by BCHA as they've stated adamantly that they are not backing NAIS.

For the record, I'm not the one who uncovered all this; I'm just passing it on from the WA Stop NAIS site.

13. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Yes I would, I misunderstood, thanks

14. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

keosoaps I did not see your posts on donations, If I had I would have sent some $. It is probably a lost cause but I want to do everything I can to fight it, as I really am happy in AR and the USA and do not wish to leave though I will if it comes down to it.