Nail Polish on Leather Coach?????????????S

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Goat Freak, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

My vindictive 3 year old little sister has struck again! This time she decided to be REALLY evil, and attacked our brand new couch, well that is it is 3 months old, and never before used before we got it, so yeah, it is new. Well she got a bottle of bright pink nail polish, and spilled it in great globs all over one side of the coach, well one section any way. My mom tried nail polish remover, and now it is looking faded, the coach is, not the polish. My dad tried peroxide, nothing. So, my question is, how do we get rid of the polish, WITHOUT fading the coach, and how do we get rid of the fading that is already there? Is it even possible? Thank you in advance. By the way, I am also going to be posting this on Country SIde Families. Well, see ya. Bye.

2. kmaproperties

kmaproperties Well-Known Member

We had the same thing happen 3 years ago and havn't found a fix yet. We were told by the manufacturer that ink, nail polish and the like are not fixable. sorry

3. kmaproperties

kmaproperties Well-Known Member

We had the same thing happen 3 years ago and havn't found a fix yet. We were told by the manufacturer that ink, nail polish and the like are not fixable. sorry

4. langoley

langoley Well-Known Member

Ok,in a spot that is not seen,take some more polish,make another spot! I know this sounds krazy,get you a can of Gojo hand cleaner,unscented,no pumice,try it on your new spot and see if it works!I had an old Mustang with leather seats and am a mechanic,that was the only thing I ever found that I ever found that would get stains out of WHITE leather seats!

5. Goat Freak

Thank you SO MUCH langoley! I will tell my mom, and pretty soon we are going to start trying all of the concoctions that have been suggested. Maybe you could try some Gojo kmaproperties, perhaps it will work for you? Well thank you once again langoley. Bye.

6. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

My wife has a couple of leather coaches, but they are handbags. Do you mean "couch"? Your mom tried nail polish? Or nail polish remover?

7. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Nice. Did that make you feel superior? Are the people you feel able to pick on always under 18? We all make typos. Save the red pencil, Steve, that was a mean-spirited post for no reason at all.

8. Goat Freak

It's o.k. Jill. I'm sure Steve didn't mean to be mean or anything like that. I fixed the typos though. Thank you for sticking up for me though. Bye.

9. vicker

vicker Well-Known Member

You may just try mink oil or saddle soap. nail polish is a quick drying laqure and should just dry on the surface. if you oil the leather good, you might be able to brek the adhesion and clean it off. If you put thinner on it, the tints will enter the leather.
    I'd try the GOJO or oill FIRST!

10. Goat Freak

Thank you vicker, I will tell my mom. Does it have to be mink oil, or will any type of oil work? Thank you once again. Bye.

11. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

GF -I googled it for you. Try a non-acetone nail polish remover. Should leave the leather in good shape without removing the dyes. But you might try it in an inconspicuous area first.

BTW - you were right, no harm meant by my comments. Just a little levity, but some people have no sense of humor. Good luck with your problem and let us know if this works.

12. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

You can buy leather dye. Any color, but you may have to buy two colors & mix them if your couch is a creative color. :)

13. Goat Freak

THanks both of you. Jill is a very nice person, and a online-buddy of mine, she was just looking out for me. Thank you once again. Bye.